Job description / Role
- Duties of the Post doc RA is to conduct research in the area of metric graph theory & chemical graph theory.
- The aim of the project is to give further insights on various mathematical properties of selected topological indices and continuing research trends in this direction. We will be working on metric dimension, partition dimension, fault tolerant metric dimension to name a few as well as the on the extremal structure of graphs with respect to distance-based topological indices like Weiner index, Weiner dimension, Mostar index, adjacent-eccentric distance sum index, eccentric-adjacency index.
- Another purpose of the project is to explore the spectral properties of distance-based matrices and to develop an efficient computational technique for degree-distance-based topological indices and counting-based topological indices.
- Master degree in Mathematics with specialization in Graph Theory.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics with specialization in Graph Theory
- Candidate is expected to have solid background in Graph Theory and its application. He/she must be capable to develop corresponding programming in Matlab/Maple and must be familiar with other software like GAP, newGraph and HyperChem. Proficiency in English is required (written and oral).
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.