Job description / Role
Applications are invited for the post of Postdoctoral position with the research project on the application of artificial intelligence in data quality management and clinical decision Support. The project is a collaboration between The Mutaba'ah Study, Institute of Public Health, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, and the College of Information Technology, United Arab Emirates University.
The primary aim of this project is to enhance data quality management methodologies and to automate clinical decision-making along with analyses required for evidence-based precision medicine.
The successful candidate will work closely with the projects' PIs to implement the research, supervise research assistants and PhD students, and analyzing, writing and publishing the research findings.
- PhD degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with clinical data processing, machine learning
- Extensive research experience in one or more of the following research areas: clinical data mining, text mining with natural language processing, clinical image mining.
- Advanced knowledge in deep learning based clinical data analytics is recommended.
- Experience in epidemiology and biostatistics will be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical thinking and excel in the world of numbers, records and raw data.
- Excellent programming skills in Python/Java/R.
- Problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Awareness of cultural, privacy and confidentiality issues.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.