Postdoctoral IBM Computational Climate Researcher
IBM Middle East
Job description / Role
IBM Research is one of the world's largest and most influential corporate research labs, with an unmatched investment in research and core science, and a commitment to invent the future of technology by making scientific breakthroughs that will transform industry and society. We innovate and imagine the future and have a strong commitment to develop the next generation of top research talent. We host many scientists, visiting academics and students in the belief that it takes broad collaboration between the brightest minds to create innovations that make the world work better.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Research invites applications for postdoctoral positions, we are seeking outstanding candidates who obtained their M. Sc. or doctoral degree within the last five (5) years. Applicants who are currently finalizing their doctoral dissertations for examination may apply, provided that they will submit by 31 December 2022.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Candidates applying for this position should fulfill the following requirements:
- Be unemployed for the duration of the fellowship.
- Have completed at least a M. Sc. Degree or preferably (completing in December 2022), a doctoral degree within the last (5) years in Physical or Atmospheric or Computer Science or Civil or Electrical Engineering and other related fields with considerable programming experience as it relates to AI, ML modeling, data engineering, applied mathematics and statistics.
- Have demonstrable research proficiency based on the scientific method, meaning they must have the ability to define research questions, formulate hypothesis, and develop innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies.
- Be familiar with state of art programming (Python, C++, Java etc.) and computer engineering practices as well as data science and machine learning methods, including their implementation. Experience with deep learning, transformer models, and computational mathematics will be advantageous.
- Be preferable familiar with climate research
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.