Power BI Engineer
Job description / Role
This positions is part of Information Management (IM) team of our client, which is a globally leading Logistics and Shipping company. The mission of IM team is to optimise and automate the way data and information is disposed and used for key business decision making.
The primary goal for the role is to design and develop technology solutions in the area of Data Integration & Reporting to enable and support the goals & priorities set by the Digital Product Managers (DPM). BI Engineer will be reporting to and working under the guidance and instruction of Technical Development Manager – Data Integration & Reporting.
You will participate in end-to-end development lifecycle of Data Integration & Reporting solutions, including Data Ingestion & Processing, Data Storage & Integration, Reporting & Business Intelligence, and Corporate Performance Management
• Experience knowledge in reporting, data storytelling, and data visualization techniques based on proven scientific research (Tufte, Few, Hichert, etc.).
• Knowledge in creating standardized (pixel-perfect) reports in MS SSRS, Power BI or other BI tools.
• Experience in creating interactive dashboards in Power BI or other BI tools.
• Experience in creating scorecards, e.g. Balanced Scorecard, including setting up targets, normalization of KPI values, and creating strategic maps based on KPI values in Power BI or other BI tools.
• Experience in creating dimensional models (whether tabular or multidimensional) in Power BI or other BI tools.
• Experience in data processing in Power BI (PowerQuery M formula language) or other ETL tools to be able to take data from the source system in a raw format and transform them into a target data model required for reporting and data analysis.
• Good knowledge of MS Excel, including add-ins such as Power Pivot, Power Query, and Power Map.
• Knowledge of data analytics.
• Advantage is knowledge of DAX language used for data manipulation and advanced calculations in Power BI.
• Advantage is knowledge of using other aspects in Power BI such as subscriptions, data alerts, Q&A queries, machine learning, etc.
• Advantage is knowledge of managing Power BI environment, including security, performance, change management, report publishing, etc.
About the Company
eMagine Solutions is one of the leading authorities on leadership and talent globally. Our combined resources of over 100 years professional experience mean that our clients trust us with finding them the top talent globally and candidates trust us to find them the right opportunity in a timely and confidential manner.
Throughout our offices we provide complete solutions for our clients, including traditional temporary and permanent recruitment, executive search, recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), salary survey's, market mapping and training and development courses.
Our global client list work with us not only because of our expertise but also because of our honesty, integrity and passion.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
ETL / Power BI / Business Intelligence Business Analyst