Job description / Role
Responsible for performing operation and monitoring of equipment in field, isolation and preparation of them for maintenance activities and normalization of them after these are completed, or some basic maintenance tasks, among others, in accordance with operating procedures and HSE guidelines and in coordination and following instructions from Control Room Operators and Shift Supervisors.
• Health, Safety, Security & Environment
• Adhere to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental procedures, instructions, and controls so that the safety of employees and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
• Operation and Maintenance
• Participate in plant start-up and commissioning activities, raise punch list items and warranty claims as appropriate.
• Attend training programme sessions. Learn, support and assist in the continuous improvement of HSSEQ policies and procedures.
• Communicate with Control Room Operators and take care of the operations in field of all plant equipment such as turbines, pumps, compressors, valves, filters, etc.
• Perform regular rounds for the monitoring of equipment condition, recording operational data, and reporting abnormalities and taken actions as required.
• Perform isolation/preparation and later normalization of equipment for maintenance activities and in line with PTW and LOTO procedures.
• Liaise with maintenance to ensure maintenance activities are done as planned.
• Take care of some basic maintenance activities as required.
• Apply operating procedures and participate in their improvement.
• Monitor sub-contractors’ activities to ensure safety is prioritized.
• Take appropriate actions in coordination with Control Room Operators and Shift Supervisor in case of emergency.
• Receive firefighting training based on fire fighting and emergency training program and act as per the role assigned in the Emergency Response Plan.
• Minimize operation cost.
• Other duties as required by the Shift Supervisor.
AED 6,500 to 8,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Qualifications, experience, & skills:
• High School Diploma or Technical Certificate. Bachelor’s in engineering is recommended.
• Proven experience in the O&M of power plants (except for “fresh” operators).
• Operation control and monitoring.
• Critical thinking. Use logic and reasoning to identify alternatives solutions to problems.
• Speaking. Talking to others to exchange information effectively.
• Active listening.
• Reading comprehension.
• Teamwork and effective collaboration.
About the Company
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world's most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise - 3600 offices in over 80 countries - we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership. Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies