Job description / Role
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and multinational organizations throughout the Iraq, Germany & China. Concentrating our resources has created 4 distinct specialist divisions:
- Power Generation
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Reporting to the Project Director, the Power Plant Project Manager, will handle overall execution and management responsibilities related to the engineering, design, construction, commissioning and startup of a Combined Cycle Power facility. The Power Plant Project Manager will manage the FEED and EPC Contractors to ensure adherence to the EPC Contract, owner specifications, regulatory requirements, as well as to ensure a smooth integration with other Project components. The Power Plant Project Manager will coordinate to resolve all design and engineering issues and will manage commercial and contractual issues, have overall responsibility for the budget, schedule, QA/QC, safety and reporting, as related to the Power Plant.
The Power Plant Project Manager will manage a small team of Project Engineers, to resolve technical issues, manage 3rd party Owner’s engineers, coordinate with operations to ensure adequate design influence and buy in, maintain project schedule, and cost forecasts and provide field project engineering coordination with construction contractors. In addition, the Power Plant Project Manager will work with company Project Managers, under the direction of the Project Director, to successfully coordinate and integrate the overall Project scope, including cost reporting and budget management, schedule, quality and safety.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for cost, schedule, safety, quality, risk management, engineering, construction and start up of the Power Plant
- Manage 15-20 Project Engineers, along with other Owner’s engineers, as well as the construction manager to ensure EPC Contractor’s adherence to standards, permits, performance, quality and safety expectations
- Management and coordination of design and operational reviews and approvals from client and key internal stakeholders
- Review/develop technical standards, specifications, drawings and documents.
- Manage day to day commercial and contractual issues
- Work with Management to implement internal Project Control tools
- Assist in the negotiation of the EPC Agreements
- Report to Management on Power Plant progress, costs, schedule, safety, quality, etc.
- Work with other company Project Managers, under the direction of the Project Director, to coordinate the integration of the Power Plant.
- Participate in the selection and negotiation of engineering and construction contractors.
- Identify, communicate and manage risk
- Responsible for project Quality Assurance/Quality Control.
- Manage 3rd party Owner’s Engineering contractors as required to facilitate design reviews
- Coordinate multiple contractors at various stages of the project.
- Support the development of the capital cost estimate at the various project stage gates
- Engineering degree or equivalent is preferred but not required; candidates with a strong proven track record will be considered
- 15+ years applicable experience with large scale ($500 million+) Power projects, including project management and execution, engineering and design, construction, commissioning and start up.
- Experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary activities and a proven ability to work across departments and workgroups
- Experience negotiating, managing, and implementing EPC Contracts.
- Experience with the interconnection process would be an asset.
About the Company
Raban Al-Safina Group of Companies stands as one of the most prominent industrial organizations in Iraq work in different fields in power industry, oil & gas, systems technology, and many others.