Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The purpose of this position is to provide effective engineering and maintenance services covering the power supply for Dubai Metro.
- Assist the Power Supply Team Leader in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities on power supply system covering H.V. traction power supplies, sub-stations, L.V. systems & emergency power supplies, uninterrupted power supplies, L.V. main switch, wayside isolators and any other parts within the power supply system.
- Diagnose cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment, replace faulty equipment and handover/taken back to the electrical workshop for repair;
- Ensure the maintenance tools & equipment are in good condition both before and after job activities.
- Under the supervision of Power Supply Team Leader to conduct periodical electrical testing, stress testing, switch panels, transformers, circuit breakers and gas insulated switches, solenoids, and other electrical equipment and components and recommend or initiate modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards, according to the manufacturer recommendations.
- Perform roles necessary for the management of the safe system of works, including to meet tight maintenance schedules.
- Follow the relevant procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with Serco Dubai Metro requirements.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Customer Service - See those they interact with as customer and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity.
- Judgement and Decision Making - Quickly recognizes and gets to grips with increasingly complex scenarios. Secures and compares information from multiple sources and exercises judgement to close the gaps in data and deal with increasing levels of ambiguity.
- Drive for Results - Is motivated to deliver results through leading large and diverse teams across functions or business units. Shows drive to make a difference across teams, community and nationally.
- Makes Decisions - Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Drives to Deliver Through Own Team - Sets challenging goals for both self and team and works to achieve or exceed goals. Shows drive to make a difference to individuals, team and local community.
- Coaching and Developing Others - Sets clear objectives and regularly provides feedback, instruction and developmental guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities
- Supports Difference - Works effectively with individuals of diverse cultures, interpersonal styles, abilities, motivations or background.
- Resilience - Stays focused and composed when under pressure to deliver, dealing constructively with setbacks and staying on course even when facing resistance or pressure to change.
- Lives Serco values - Trust, Care, Innovation and Innovation
Essential technical and professional skills
- Should ideally have a vocational trade certificate, diploma or degree in Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Must have working knowledge in 750V DC traction, transmission and distribution, 132K and 33K GIS, 132kV/33kV transformers, reactors, condensers, earthing transformer, high speed DC circuit breakers, cabling system, 3rd rail electrification, power sub-stations and ancillary plant would be a definite advantage.
- Must have minimum 1-year work experience as a qualified power supply maintenance technician in maintaining and repairing power supply and distribution system preferably in a rail or power utilities industry.
- Should have knowledge and experience in operating SCADA control and configuring programmable logic controllers is essential.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.