Job description / Role
Reporting to the Marketing, Branding and PR Manager, the PR and Communication Officer will be responsible for all media related activities as well as internal communication.
Manage PR and Communication team responsible for:
1. Media related Activities:
• Developing corporate message house & training respective spokespeople
• Building & Managing strong relationships with media to ensure necessary accessibility and penetration when required
• Managing Crisis Situations to ensure timely proactive or counteraction plans protecting company’s image and best interest.
• Planning, executing & monitoring PR plans to ensure successful implementation
• Reviewing and approving press kits, press releases, editorials, features, media interviews, inquiries and all PR collateral etc….
• Handling PR agency to ensure successful implementation of PR plan while maximizing PR value generation
• Handling media monitoring tasks to send out timely media updates
2. Internal Communication:
• Planning and executing annual internal communication plan – to ensure staff are regularly updated and informed.
• Managing internal communication platform, including different activities’ (i.e staff meetings, intranet…etc) usage & monitoring, while ensuring its adherence to company’s brand guidelines
• Pro-actively seeking regular feedback and continuously revising plans to optimize internal communication.
• Creating & publishing newsletters & publications both to staff as well as customers.
Work Experience Requirements:
• 5 to 8 years of experience in Media related PR activities & Communication
• Bachelor degree in PR, Marketing or Business Administration
Skills & Competencies Required:
• Excellent in media relationship building
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Efficient & prompt in problem solving & taking necessary action
• Good writing skills in English and Arabic. Good command of English and Arabic language is a must.
• Computer and Microsoft Office professional
About the Company
A milestone in the history of health care within the UAE; Daman was formed on the 26th September, 2005 and became the UAE’s first specialized National Health Insurance Company.
Daman was initially established to cater to the growing health insurance market in the UAE, whilst maintaining exclusive direct access to the many public providers in Abu Dhabi. Daman offers a wide range of technical products with added benefits, extended policy limits and wider geographical coverage. Through a broad global provider network, Daman offers its clients complete comprehensive solutions as required by combining technical and basic products.