PR and External Communications - Senior Associate
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Clients & Markets
Job Description & Summary
A career in Marketing and Communications will provide you with the opportunity to focus on positioning a distinctive PwC brand in the marketplace and drive long term revenue growth for the Firm. You'll focus on designing, developing, and implementing communication programmes and media events to promote and sell the PwC's brand and services as well as contribute to and evaluating our pricing strategies in the marketplace.
We are seeking to recruit a confident, dynamic and experienced individual who can demonstrate a good understanding of the professional services market; show proven experience in developing and delivering impactful media relations campaigns; and bring new creativity, ideas and experience to the communications team. The successful applicant will be articulate, digitally savvy, have an eye and passion for news, an innovative approach to PR, and sound judgement and will:
- Support the Regional PR Lead with internal stakeholders to drive positive, innovative and impactful media relations activity
- Liaise with, and answer enquiries from, media, colleagues and external parties
- Support in the planning and logistics of PR campaigns, including drafting press releases, creating content output and driving media engagement and events to maintain reputation and visibility of the company.
- Ensure the company identity and image is maintained in TIER1 & 2 publications
- Organise logistics for media events, press conferences and media trainings
- Gather, distribute and file all media coverage generated for clients.
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Oversee the budget of the External PR & Communications function
- Maintain media relations lists and build relationships with relevant media
Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic preferred
Over 4 years of experience in the Public Relations or communication field
Knowledge and Skills
Strong understanding of the professional services sector
Track record of managing and delivering high impact PR campaigns and handling challenging and complex technical matters and sensitive issues.
Experience in analysing and interpreting complex data, reports and surveys.
Strong network of relevant journalist and industry contacts.
Excellent writing and analytical skills, and proven ability to plan, manage and deliver projects.
Strong stakeholder-management skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
Proven ability using digital and social media as effective media relations tools.
Proactive, perceptive and considered.
Tenacious, hard-working and resilient.
Analytical with high attention to detail.
Strong understanding of business and current affairs, and interest in a wide range of industries.
Confident self-starter who is also a collaborative team player
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.