Job description / Role
Practice Director - Telecommunications
Oracle has an outstanding track record for delivering business value in the communications industry. Only Oracle offers packaged software solutions that deliver end-to-end support for the key business processes for communications companies, from service creation, offer management, and order orchestration, through provisioning and service delivery, to billing, revenue assurance, and reporting.
Oracle Communications Global Business Unit (CGBU) represents Oracle in the communications industry. Oracle CGBU is responsible for the development, marketing, sales and consulting of Oracle Communications specific products, and leads Oracle's strategy in the communications industry. The Oracle Communications portfolio consists of the following products:
- Billing & Revenue Management
- Service Delivery Platform
- Service Fulfillment Suite
- Order & Service Management
- Inventory Management
- Service Activation
- Configuration Management
- Network Mediation
We seek an experienced individual to lead a group of Team Leaders and Consultants in our Communications Business, taking responsibility for the delivery of consulting services to the telco market via our Consulting Sales Organisation.
In return we offer the chance to help lead the communications strategy of one the largest and most visionary software organisations in the industry.
- Reports to the Regional VP for Consulting in the EMEA Communications Business
- Acts as a member of the Consulting Management Team to deliver the overall Practice plan for the group
- Works with Sales, Development, Sales, Service lines and selected Partners
- Providing leadership for the Practice by setting direction, shaping the practice, and articulating and exemplifying required behaviours
- Defining a plan for the practice within the overall EMEA Consulting business plan
- Managing the Practice operationally to meet its targets through the Management team
- Supporting Project Management to secure the right project resources at the right time and right cost
- Providing policy guidelines for developing project risk mitigation strategies and approving them
- Ensuring that the Practice anticipates and prepares for the rollout of new Oracle Comms products in the practice area
- Determining with Sales he market opportunities for new products and services
- Actively support the Sales cycle to close Consulting business
- Promoting the value and availability of the Practice
- Working with Sales to both generate and understand current and future demand
- Adjusting practice skills in response to the sales pipeline and new product rollout
- Deploying staff to define the practice specific content of communications bids and proposals
- Deploying appropriate staff via the resourcing process to successfully deliver sold work in the practice area
- Ensuring adequate monitoring of the quality of execution of work by Practice consultants, the gathering of assignment feedback, and the taking of appropriate recognition or performance management action
- Maintaining an awareness and understanding of new and existing products through liaison with Product Development and relevant EMEA and US teams
- Maintaining an awareness of all relevant industry trends & status, and of competitive activity
- Ensuring that the Practice recruits, develops, appraises, rewards and deploys staff in a manner that meets business priorities, while retaining and motivating good consultants
- Communicating regularly and personally to all Practice members
- Building effective working relationships with designated partner organisation(s)
- Managing the performance of the Practice and direct reports
- Actively seeking opportunities to develop best practice across Practice boundaries, and contributing to the development of Consulting Practices as a whole
- Generate and communicate the Practice Value Propositions
- Set objectives, review performance of the Practice
- Review Managers' forecasts of utilisation, revenue and margin and ensure corrective action is taken
- Consolidate financial and utilisation information in order to provide regular and accurate management information
- Adhere to and communicate Consulting Quality Standards and redress non compliance
- Business growth across MEA .
- Knowledge and leadership experience within the OSS/BRM market place
- Extensive knowledge of the Telecommunications Industry from a consulting perspective
- Must have experience of building and leading Consulting teams
- Ideally Knowledge of the Oracle Comms footprint and solution stack.
- Experience of working across countries in and have the understanding of different cultures
- English speaking
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IBM Middle East
IBM Middle East
Project Portfolio Manager
Business Sales & Delivery Executive - SAP Program Director
IBM Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||8 Feb|