Job description / Role
Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0 - 100%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
The Presales Solution Expert identifies, understands, and defines customer needs in order to develop and maintain standard product demonstrations and materials to close business and increase revenue. Provides additional support to account executives and conducts demonstrations for strategic purposes, including tradeshows and SAPPHIRE. The Presales Expert is considered one of the most knowledgeable Presales persons on a given solution in the Business unit they support.
Deal Execution / Demonstration Lead Tasks:
- Responsible for highly complex / visible pre-sales and/or post-sales support of company products/systems.
- Provides advanced-level technical support to complex sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Provides answers to customer / internal SAP team inquiries concerning advanced solution topics.
- Provides software development and consultation to prospective customers.
- Supports regional and offshore Demo Architect teams to build demos based upon customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping.
- Will participate in demo system design, planning and spec-out configuration requirements if needed.
- Participate in new product release input, testing and training of peers.
- Deal captain role: The Presales solution expert can play a deal captain role, he is responsible of end to end deal execution from presales perspective, support the AE in the relationships with the customer, coordinate and build the strategy for the account with the AE and VAT team (when VAT team is engaged).
- Personally, get engaged in supporting the key deals in the territory through customer interactions and presentations where qualified.
- Utilize CRM and other Presales BI reports to provide feedback to sales on the effectiveness of Presales in supporting their accounts.
- Enforce consistent presales processes, including CRM-based opportunity management, dry-runs and discovery sessions, to ensure superior demos and presentations.
- This position is for a presales solution expert in Supply chain and Procurement and Finance. The ideal candidate should know End to end the procurement process, S4 Hana flows and processes, can manage the full supply chain cycle end to end cross SAP solutions (SRM, S4, Ariba ...).
- He should be the expert in S4 Hana, SRM solutions. And he should have a good knowledge on Ariba solution. He should be able to customize and build demo based on Customer requirements and develop PoC on these solutions.
- In addition, an expertise or Knowledge on IBP and PLM/ APO/ EWM/ TPM solution will be a very important advantage for this position.
- Flexible, trusted advisor and expert roles are very important soft skills for this position. To be able to work with diverse team and with diverse experts.
- To be able to present and to develop a full end to end executive presentation and meeting with C levels is mandatory.
- Quickly establishes oneself as the thought leader of the VAT and fine tunes account strategy.
- Guides team in creation of overall theme & competitive differentiation (value wedges)
- Executes vigorous dry runs on strategic deals and customer engagements.
- Effectively transitions engagement to implementation partner / Field Services
- Is proactive in sharing their knowledge with the greater presales community through Solution Hubs or other enterprise social media where collaboration takes place.
- Be resourceful and creative in using Design Thinking processes to expand deals and create new opportunities in dormant accounts.
- Assign the right presales team members to work each qualified sales opportunity in their territory (assign the VAT team).
- Build and Lead Executive presentation for C levels, develop storytelling presentation skills and create impacts during Customer meetings.
- 12+ years of presales experience
- 10+ years of solution specialist (or equivalent customer facing) experience in areas appropriate to the job
- Demonstrates 12+ successful engagements
- Expert knowledge/expertise on end to end processes/solution matching
- Experience in sales and sales processes
- Excellent presentation and communication skills English: proficient
- Business level local language: expert Fluent English spoken and written
Education And Qualification / Skills And Competencies:
- Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
- Master equivalent: optional
- MBA / Ph.D.: optional
What You Get From Us
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
Sap's Diversity Commitment
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sales Manager - Group Sales
Sales Manager - Leisure
Assistant Sales Manager - Furniture
SAP Middle East & North Africa
Business Development and Marketing Manager - Legal