Job description / Role
Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0 - 80%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE & OBJECTIVE
The Leonardo Architect is focused on presales for SAP Leonardo.
SAP Leonardo brings industry-leading capabilities and products together to provide the industry's only Digital Business System - built to not only drive innovation as companies explore digital transformation, but to scale that innovation and allow businesses to truly transform. With Leonardo, SAP will deliver thoughtfully packaged (by industry) innovative capabilities and services to engage with new customers in the context of their business. We will also integrate the capabilities of Leonardo into our core business applications so existing customers leverage their existing SAP investments to get the benefits of these transformative capabilities at scale. Leonardo will enable companies to both rapidly innovate seamlessly scale innovations that can transform them into digital companies.
Unlike our competition, Leonardo provides a comprehensive portfolio of innovative, integrated, simple solutions including services that can be used out of the box without requiring expensive custom build. The key elements of Leonardo are:
- Innovation: New capabilities in areas such as Blockchain, Machine Learning, loT, Big Data, and Analytics, Sap Cloud Platform knowledge (Cloud platform and IoT Platform on prem).
- Integration : A comprehensive and integrated portfolio that enables seamless transition from innovation to scale Ieveraging SAP Cloud Platform
- Simplification: Modular capabilities that can be bought and consumed easily and that are easy to integrate with SAP and non-SAP systems.
- Services: Design Thinking and prototyping across the portfolio to bring innovative thinking to life and accelerate customer buying cycles.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Customer Engagement: Define and deliver high value solutions. Plan and lead customer activities to define complete solutions that address customer needs across the SAP Leonardo portfolio, key market technologies and the broader set of SAP products, solutions and platforms. Orchestrate and manage SAP resources across the areas of expertise to deliver a consistent and effective implementation roadmap. Translate solution needs into a compelling investment strategy.
Thought Leadership : Translate customer business use cases into seamless solution offerings. Identify trends and best practices that support the adoption of SAP Leonardo products and services. Provide customers with a strategic perspective on leveraging technology innovation to enhance their business performance.
Trusted Advisor : Work with customers in advisory role that dries trust and respect through broad knowledge of enterprise architecture practices, Leonardo market technologies, SAP's strategies, solution portfolios and delivery best practices.
- Comfortable addressing CXO / Chief Architect audiences for large global accounts
- Review and analyze current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic objectives
- Identify and propose specific strategies, initiatives and remedies necessary to align technology and infrastructure with customer objectives
- Support development of business drivers, business case and high level program implementation plan
- Translate Customer business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements
- Develop a conceptual solution architecture using a combination of SAP standard products and selected third party suppliers to produce an end to end solution
- Build and communicate the value proposition of the end to end solution to customer executives
- Manage the interaction with specific product specialists to identify and collect detailed technical requirements
- Partner with the bid management organization to create detailed RFP responses
- Coordinate efforts across SAP organizations to ensure overall integrity and consistency of the final proposed
Presales execution deal:
- Assume a leadership role in advising solution strategies for targeted sales cycles at prospective customer accounts, including engaging partners in areas such as business development, solution development and solution cross-selling in a region covering markets
- Execute tactical sales/Presales plays tailored to specific target segments and accounts - with consideration to product lifecycle and customer roadmap
- Act as trusted advisor for customers and as a role model for SAP's values and best practices. Help customers become best-run businesses in their industry
- Provide prospective customers with a roadmap from their current IT environment to SAP-based solutions.
- Act as Deal captain in certain deals, coordinate and lead the customer full E2E Presales Win plan, coordinate with Account executive, sales director and VAT team
- Lead strategic architectural planning to achieve goals by prioritizing initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future state architectures
- Assess and communicate risks and identify Customer dependencies
- Assist in the development of the Customer business case and ensure this is aligned to the Transition strategy to both maximize Customer benefit realization and Verizon revenue
- Act as a Thought Leader for the customer's business goals and vision via regular in-person and written communications with the customer
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Deep understanding of emerging system architectural approaches and the latest trends in Enterprise Architecture, and a familiarity with the implications of these on relevant Leonardo industries
- Excellent oral presentation skills and significant experience with providing detailed technical and business architecture documents for wide circulation within Sales and customers
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and prioritization skills, strong situational analysis, negotiation and decision-making abilities, effective facilitation, stakeholder interviewing and presentation skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- English: Fluent, Business Level
- Fluency in the language of local markets desirable: English mandatory, Arabic highly preferred, another language an advantage.
- ln-depth experience in Operational Technologies (OT) from at least 2 of the following areas: Manufacturing, Healthcare, Retail, CPG, Transportation & Logistics, Oil & Gas / Energy, Public Sector and Retail and Consumer.
- Experience developing IoT lloT solutions and utilizing code tools like MQTT, AMQP, CoAP, Websockets, JSON/XML APls, SOAP with an understanding of technologies used in loT lloT like RFID, Bluetooth LE, Zigbee, SigFox, LoraWAN, CoAP, SCADA
- In depth understanding of edge computing, including the capabilities of vendors such as Dell, Cisco and HPE.
- In depth understanding of Edge Cloud architectures, and the ability to architect solutions with distributed processing to maximize performance and scalability of solutions
- Deep understanding of Analytical methods, and data visualization best practices
- Comprehensive understanding of operational vs analytical reporting
- Familiar with device agnostic UX patterns
- Familiar with embedded machine learning automated insights and data wrangling
- Experience with laaS / PaaS value value and key vendors such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- In depth knowledge of APl's and integration best practices and familiarity with leading vendors and their respective solutions
- Experience with BDaaS and DBaaS offers, familiar with the vendors in the space and the architectural reasons for choosing one over another in given circumstances. This should include, but is not limited to, SAP HANA, Hadoop, MongoDB, MariaDB, and KVS solutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of Big Data solutions and architectures
- Ability to install, configure and administer leading Big Data solutions
- Deep understanding of the myriad open source options and be able to confidently guide customers toward solutions using expert level knowledge of the available options and their respective tradeoffs and strengths
- Deep technical understanding and ability to apply Blockchain to enterprise use cases
- Experience leading design thinking workshops
- Best practices in user experience across devices
- Strong applied statistics and modeling skills
- Proficient with at least one scripting language (e.g., Python) and at least one statistical software package (e.g. R, NumPy/SciPy/Pandas)
- Proficient with relational databases and SQL
- Ability to structure a problem from idea to exploratory analysis to experiment to prototype, and to partner with engineers in implementation
- 12+ years of experience in Presales, consulting/ sales of complex business software / IT solutions
- Demonstrated success with complex, long-cycle sales campaigns in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive Market
- Viewed as a solutions expert within the SAP or Subject Matter Expert community and capable of leveraging an extensive network on behalf of SAP that results in pipeline and revenue growth
- Existing knowledge on SAP's D&DM solution portfolio and HANA Platform is essential
- Demonstrated knowledge on consultative selling methodologies
- Proven track record in business application software sales
- Experience leading/managing in a team selling environment
- Bachelor's degree in technology (or equivalent) required
- Strong organizational skills to drive complex technology GTM within a highly agile & changing environment
- Strong and proven programmatic skills to build and run campaigns and activities from strategic & operational point of view including management and reporting of campaign KPI's
- Ability to define and execute a Presales win plan by effectively navigate & influence a matrix organization
- Excellent internal & external communication skills in order to clearly articulate the technical and business value & differentiation of SAP HANA Platform scenarios and Leonardo offers in industry and competitive context
- Excellent presentation skills with customers on C-Level executive as well as technical audience, partners, internal teams, in order to position the value of the Leonardo solution portfolio
- Inspiring nature with creative business acumen, out-of-the box thinking, highly self-motivating personality to drive sustainable knowledge build for future business growth
- Foster collaboration within Center of Excellence and the SAP extended team to drive large deal creation, business architecture in order to fully exploit Leonardo and SCP reach into every market & segment
- Work effectively in a virtual global team environment and generate high impact results across a diverse region
- Deliver on quarterly business results including management reporting and forecasting
- Empathy of cultural and regional difference with the Europe, Middle East and Africa region
- Flexibility in travel where required - approx. 60% to 80%
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.