Job description / Role
Press and Communications Manager - Female on sponsored Visa
Ishara Art Foundation is a new non-profit organization focused on contemporary art from a South Asian context. We have an expansive definition of the region, which includes the diaspora and overlapping histories of the region around India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal. Given the deep links to South Asia within the Gulf, our programme is anchored in a regional approach, designed to share compelling artistic perspectives with local and international audiences. Our programming includes new and established practices through monographic presentations, group exhibitions, new commissions and touring exhibitions.
Ishara seeks a Press and Communications Manager who will lead our press and marketing efforts, bringing South Asia’s artistic community to wider audiences. We see our press targets in three equally important tiers – Local: UAE, including expats, Regional: South Asia and Middle East, and International: Key English language and art and lifestyle press.
You will be required to:
• Develop an External Relations strategy, including digital media, ensuring long term sustainable relations with Ishara’s stakeholders, in collaboration with the Chairperson and Associate Director & Curator.
• Develop and deliver media campaigns, working closely with the Associate Director and Curator
• Work closely with the Ishara team to leverage our programme, attracting new audiences, both in terms of footfall and online reach
• Write and edit press materials, developing traditional marketing materials and templates, ensuring compliance with Ishara’s brand identity and standards
• Build strategic partnerships and cross-marketing opportunities with the arts community in the UAE
• Communicate Ishara’s activities and achievements through all media channels, nationally and internationally
• Provide strategic advice for communication and marketing initiatives, delivering high-quality copy and materials
• Develop new and innovative communication channels
• Manage external visitors to Ishara as needed, writers and press
• Creative approach and strong interest in South Asian art, at least two years’ experience in the arts, design or cultural world
• Expert knowledge of the national and international communications field
• BA or above—preferably in Marketing, Communications or in the visual arts
• Experience with specialist and broad audiences, ability to speak in public, excellent interpersonal skills, particularly with artists and VIPs.
• Excellent communication skills, with fluency and flair in English—oral and written. Fluency in Arabic would be an advantage.
• Flexible, works well under pressure, managing multiple priorities and stakeholders and consistently delivering high-quality work on time.
• This is a part-time role, 5 days a week with flexible hours and the flexibility to work full time during busy periods. Compensation commensurate with experience
About the Company
MRI Network in the Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region, covering all GCC countries (UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar) as well as Africa. We have successfully completed over 1050 searches since our origin in Dubai in 2001. With the parent company founded in USA in 1965, MRI Network has grown into one of the largest search organizations in the world. MRI Network is a division of CDI Corp. and is the workplace of more than 2000 members spread across more than 250 offices in 30 countries.
MRI Network has been ranked in the top 20 out of 250 US based Executive Search firms for 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Forbes
Our team comprises of specialists covering the industry segments of FMCG, Retail, Technology, Banking and Financial Services.
Marketing and Strategy Specialist
BAC Middle East
Marketing Coordinator - Retail - Omni
Al Tayer Group
Arab Media Group (AMG)
Marketing Manager - Dental