Job description / Role
• Instrumental in ensuring smooth coordination and pricing with load port agents, shipping lines and clients resulting to business growth.
• Successfully carried out job profile in a consistent manner and continuously working towards the company’s objectives and goals that help maintain a level of competency.
• Recognized as a learner and can easily adapt to company processes & most importantly with colleagues.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work as per the instruction of Superior (Pricing/Trade Development Manager)
• Assist Pricing/Trade Development Manager for shipment from Indian Sub-continent & Africa to the Middle East and other countries.
• Liaise with overseas offices & agents on day to day basis for rates & other issues
• Liaise with local shipping line for rate filing.
• To offer the rates to sales persons including direct customers inquiries
• Collect feedback from sales person/customers and update to overseas offices
• Send the nomination to overseas agents upon the business confirmed.
• Liaise with operation staff to further follow up on the shipment and update buy/sell rate for accounting purpose
• To deal with local shipping line whenever required with agreed free time & Nil Container Deposit.
• Collect market feedback, monitor competitor activities and update it to overseas offices.
• Prepare market report to the management on monthly, quarterly, half yearly & yearly basis
• Prepare the report for the meeting with overseas agents as per the agenda
• Ready to travel inside & outside for the meetings
• Maintain secrecy of the department at highest level
• Explore more business opportunities for other trade lanes
• Generate more sales leads and C&F business
• Maintain files for records
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
• Bachelor Degree in Business
• Ability to make decisions that must be accurate.
• Ability of efficiency and capability of handling detailed work assignments.
• Good knowledge and practical experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
• Excellent public relations skills including courteousness, tactfulness and good verbal communications.
• Good health, attendance, and high moral character.
• Maintain respect at all times for confidential information.
• Ability to maintain self-control and complete tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Proven ability to work independently and self-motivated; also work cooperatively with other personnel.
About the Company
Compass Ocean Logistics is an International Freight Forwarding & Logistics Company, based in Dubai, UAE. The focus is on delivering innovative logistics solutions to meet the demands of the growing International Trade & Commerce Industry.
As an emerging Logistics market specialist we are one of the region's leading independent service providers. The Compass Group prides itself on offering clients quick, economically viable and quality services that are unrivalled in the whole region.
We have our offices spread across the GCC in the UAE, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and Qatar. Additionally we have an office in Lebanon too. We also have offices in the Indian Sub-Continent head-quartered in Bangalore, with branches in Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai. Our service partners are spread across the globe, covering the USA, Canada, Europe, China, South East Asia etc.