Job description / Role
Responsible for leading the instructional process by delivering lessons, collaborating with other teachers and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues and responding to queries from parents or guardians with the objective of enhancing student learning outcomes within the established curriculum guidelines and lesson plans.
Areas of Responsibility:
Teaching and Curriculum Implementation
• Effectively prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities using varied teaching techniques.
• Research new topic areas, maintain up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise new curriculum materials.
• Liaise with the academic management team and other Teachers on preparation and development of curriculum, teaching methods and assessments.
• Ensure management of teaching workload in line with direction received from school management.
• Ensure the integration of Information & Communication Technology (ICT) in lessons, where applicable.
• Demonstrate an awareness of, and make provision for students who have special education needs.
Assessments and Reports
• Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching.
• Grade students’ work and set targets for progress.
• Give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils’ progress and development.
• Assess and record students’ progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed.
• Analyse student assessment data to plan future learning.
• Regularly and effectively communicate with parents and provide feedback of their child’s progress in PTMs.
Personal Development / Training / Reviews / Meetings and Administrative responsibilities
• Participate in programmes for their own professional development.
• Participate in and organise extracurricular activities.
• Participate in school meetings, parent teacher meetings and school events.
Discipline & Classroom Management
• Ensure discipline and adherence to classroom decorum.
• Plan and maintain a safe, clean, learning environment and ensure well-being and safety of the students.
• Promote standards of conduct, discipline and proper regard for authority among pupils.
• Manage students behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in case of misbehaviour.
• Ensure the safety of students both when they are authorised to be on the school premises and when they are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
• Support the school management team in maintaining and promoting the ethos of the school and cordial relations with parents.
• Bachelor of Education or Bachelor Degree in addition to post graduate specialized in Education.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the same post.
• Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents.
• Native English Speaker.
• An excellent team player.
About the Company
The Beaconhouse group has almost 308,000 fulltime students in eight countries and is possibly the largest school network of its kind in the world. Established in November 1975 as the Les Anges Montessori Academy with 19 toddlers, Beaconhouse has since grown into an international network of private schools, imparting distinctive and meaningful learning to students all the way from birth – through its partnership in Pakistan with Gymboree Play & Music – to post-graduation, through Concordia Colleges and the Beaconhouse National University.
Of these students, close to 101,000 study at the group’s flagship network, the Beaconhouse School System, in Pakistan as well as overseas, while the remaining are largely enrolled at The Educators, a parallel school network operated by the group.
The Beaconhouse of today is thus much more than just a stand-alone school. Through distinct and independent divisions across multiple destinations including the UK, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Oman, the UAE, Pakistan and Belgium, it caters to the education and training needs of a large and diverse group of individuals of varying ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, and nationalities, with its activities also extending beyond education in some countries.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Primary Homeroom Teacher - Immediate Joining
Beaconhouse School System
Elementary Class Teacher / Homeroom Teacher
Homeroom Teacher - Female
Ajman American Private School
Subject Teacher - Middle School
Ajman American Private School