Job description / Role
As a trusted partner to entities across public and private sectors, Pegasus (A DarkMatter Group Company) provides cutting edge and future proof data analytics software and services aimed at providing flawless actionable intelligence. We help our clients to answer their most pressing data queries - at speed. We provide instant value by unraveling key insights from an abundance of data sources, building the next generation of lawful enforcement, fraud management, cyber security and data management solutions. We are ambitious, with a strong desire and belief in establishing the leading global Data Science, Big Data and Analytics powerhouse with the key focus on applied machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Whether you are working in our headquarters located in the iconic Aldar HQ building in Abu Dhabi, or one of our international offices you will be joining a firm that is constantly looking to push boundaries. Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, Pegasus is a place where they can make their big data dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
As a Principal Back End Engineer, you will be part of the global engineering team responsible for delivering an end-to-end solution from initial concept through final solution leveraging cutting-edge technologies.
The skills required spans from coding to integrating several technologies across disparate platforms, along with leading teams and architecting solutions. This requires a deep understanding of systems, data structures, modern scripting and enterprise level languages as well as open source tools, microservices architecture and people management
In this role, you will:
- Lead design & architecture discussions
- Be hands on with coding, release management and testing
- Collaborate with Product Management, QA, Dev Ops and other teams to design, build, test, and roll out;
- Build and manage micro services using Spring Boot and other modern Java technologies
- Promote best practises like TDD and Continuous Deployment
- Research new and emerging technologies that may enable improvements in the product development
- Assist the product Management team by assessing technical feasibility and provide insights into the possible tech solutions, their implications and the required effort, maintaining and writing user stories
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- Extensive experience in JAVA is essential.
- Extensive experience of Spring, Micro-services and Neo4j is essential.
- Extensive experience designing and developing Microservices / Microservices architecture.
- Experience with MongoDB or PostgreSQL and TDD is nice to have.
- Experience with the TDD methodology and Java testing frameworks (Junit/Mocks etc).
- Experience with big data solutions such as Elastic, Hadoop, HBase, and Kafka is a big plus.
- Experience with Git as version control system.
- Experience working using an agile, scrum based, development process.
- At least 5 years of experience working using an agile, scrum based, development process
- At least 2 years managing teams with a minimum of 10 people
Working in Abu Dhabi
At Pegasus, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.