Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Lead and be responsible for the successful delivery of a wide range of infrastructure projects involving roads, pavements, utilities, drainage and minor buildings and structures, including production of technical reports, written calculations, design briefs, specifications, drawings, schedules, contract documentation and the like.
- Responsible for ensuring technical quality, coordination, integrity, cost effectiveness, and cost effectiveness of designs produced.
- Follow design guidelines, standards, and procedures to effectively execute assigned work.
- Interface with other members of the design and management team on multiple discipline projects including with the Global Delivery Centres when required.
- Prepare and adhere to assigned budgets and schedules, integrate team efforts, review work, set priorities, identify, and resolve issues in a timely manner and communicate status to the Project Manager.
- Interface with external and internal clients.
- Prepare technical and commercial proposals.
- Technical supervision of project designated junior Engineers and draftsmen in the execution of their duties.
- Mentor junior members of staff and a ssist to promote career development within the group .
- Check compliance with QA/Safety/Environment goals.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Worley Quality Management System.
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety and implementing safe working practices.
- HSE - Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
What you will bring
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Familiarity with British, American, European, and international standards and other construction practices (i.e. Interpave, PIANC, etc.).
- Experienced in a consulting engineering environment over the whole lifecycle of a project including concept, FEED and Detailed Design.
- Expert in the design of roads, pavements, utilities, drainage and minor building and structures .
- Experienced in dealing with a variety of clients including developers, government bodies and EPC Contractors.
- Competent in the use of industry software.
- Competent in the evaluation of the condition of existing structures, including condition surveys and projected maintenance programs.
- Identify and evaluate new technology advancements against existing methods and, revise where applicable, to provide more effective solutions.
Job Specific Experience:
- Extensive design experience in a wide range of industrial infrastructure projects.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience working in the Middle East.
- Experience in industrial infrastructure projects.
- Experience in port and harbour projects.
- Experience as a Design Coordinator or Engineering Manager on large multi-disciplinary design projects.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.