Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer - Dry Utilities who will produce engineering design solutions, models, reports and obtain authority approvals for single and multi-disciplinary design infrastructure projects
Your new role, what's involved?
* Providing overall engineering solutions, analysis, specifications, and procurement support for the infra projects.
* Managing opportunity and risk on the project.
* Managing deliverables and providing technical support to the team.
* Designing high voltage, medium voltage, low voltage, street lighting, and Telecom networks for infrastructure, transportation, and highway projects.
* Carrying out grounding, cable containments, and shielding.
* Undertaking the load flow analysis, short circuit, protection schemes, harmonic analysis, grounding system calculations.
* Producing reports, drawings, calculations and presentations.
* Liaising with local authorities regarding utility design proposals on behalf of the client.
* Advising and presenting engineering solutions to clients and stakeholders.
* Following the QA/QC in compliance with the requirement of the projects.
* Organizing and attending progress meetings/communications with contractors, consultants, and authorities.
* Minimizing end-user comments and ensuring client's satisfaction and quality of deliverables.
* Ensuring that the design meets all relevant codes and standards.
* Reviewing of contractor shop drawings and materials submittals.
* Preparing design schedules, resource plans and assist in the preparation of budgets.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* BEng /BSc (Hon) or equivalent discipline with a minimum 15 years post-graduate experience
* Member of/working towards associated Professional body membership
* Modeling of power and lighting networks
* Detailed design of engineering solutions
* Good report writing skills
* Compiling authority approval documentation in accordance with local authority standards to obtain approvals
* Good knowledge of the contract and key clauses
* Familiar with Dialux, Amtech, ETAP, AutoCAD, Civil3D, Navisworks and Microsoft office to produce my deliverables
What's in it for you?
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.