Job description / Role
Principal Engineer - Mechanical
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us. WSP are looking for a Principal Engineer - Mechanical to support with the design works across several large mixed used developments in Riyadh. WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application. In a typical week, you will:
• Define Mechanical Engineering strategies and undertake feasibility works across numerous project types in UAE
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
• Undertake project reviews and checking in accordance with QA procedures
• Undertake line manager responsibility for mechanical engineering team o Ensure that Health & Safety is embedded into all work practices in line with company policies
• Ensure the right resources are utilized effectively at the right time across their team and projects Including engaging with the Complimentary Resource Centers (CRCs) to ensure that communication and design processes are continually improved.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
• Have a bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Am a chartered engineer
• Have good knowledge of analytical/design software such as Revit and Amtech
• Have 10+ years post-qualification experience with broad mechanical design experience on large leisure, commercial, retail buildings and airports
• Have experience and proven ability to lead and manage an engineering team and multi-disciplinary projects with teams based in across multiple locations around the globe
What if we can? What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are?
Here at WSP - we can! WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions. Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.