Job description / Role
DarkMatter is developing a suite of communication applications covering encrypted voice, instant messaging, email and other in-transit data. Working in a fast paced environment, the candidate will be responsible for software design, implementation, testing, debugging, and deployment of security-focused products and services.
In this role, you will:
- Own the security architecture for all Secure Comms applications
- Design and develop prototypes on advanced security use cases across cross-functional teams
- Socialize and productize solutions by working with functional R&D groups
- Produce architecture, design and implementation that is secure, reliable, robust, modular, maintainable, scalable and efficient
- Prototyping solutions in Hardware, Firmware and Software in research areas including security, machine learning, AI, IOT and Edge computing
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Consistently deliver on commitments on time and with quality
- Gain and contribute to developing new technologies in applied security
Our ideal candidate is bright, responsible, self-motivated, and confident, with a focus on execution and getting stuff done. We look for problem solvers who can anticipate problems, look beyond immediate issues, and take initiative to improve our software. We believe in short feedback loops, well-designed APIs, test driven development, automation wherever possible, to make sure we can minimize friction and focus on solving the big problems. The successful candidate will join a talented team of experienced software engineers, working on challenging projects.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering or related technical field. Strong research background is a plus
- 4+ years of Research experience - university and/or commercial
- Experience with commercial/research deployments of embedded solutions - ARM/Intel chipsets, Linux/Android/iOS, Networking solutions, Security solutions
- Strong development experience - expertise in 1 or 2 programming languages, at least one scripting language, debugging and development environments (Git, Jira, Jenkins, JTAG, Debuggers, Static analyzers etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- OS architectures and OS security principles - Android, Windows, IOS
- Demonstrated ability to implement complex algorithms
- Strong knowledge of data structures, concurrency, modern design patterns, object-oriented software engineering best practices
- Experience with secure development practices, secure development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with security architecture, cryptography and secure communication protocols
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.