Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Principal Consultant - Security Risk Management to provide high level technical and strategic security consultancy / engineering services on projects and innovative solutions to our clients.
A typical week would include:
* Perform preliminary security and risk studies such as risk assessments, programme evaluations, and benchmark studies.
* Provide security risk management services to clients across the different phases of a project (planning, design, construction and operation.)
* Provide high level technical and strategic security consultancy / engineering services on projects including:
* Security strategy experience
* Threat & Risk assessment experience
* Operational Requirements
* Technical experience
* Assist organizations in evaluating, establishing and enhancing their security management plans for existing, transitional and future operations.
* Provide support to maximise security of buildings and estates through an appropriate range of physical and electronic security measures
* Undertake security reviews and audits
* Provide procurement and project management advice
* Develop operational security solutions to minimise the possibility of a disaster and to reduce harmful impact on the business activities
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A relevant degree in security or engineering related discipline
* Have experience on Security master planning and strategy development for large-scale development and plot-level facility design
* Have experience in designing security control rooms
* 5 + years experience in security consultancy in following sector :
• Mixed use
* Have Multi-disciplinary experience
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.