Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently seeking to recruit an experienced consultant with a background in EIA and environmental strategy development to assist in leading the environment and planning practice in our UAE office.
WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Project manage and author large scale environmental projects including (EIA, CEMP, environmental emergency response strategies, pollution prevention frameworks) for major projects across the region with a particular focus on KSA gig projects
* Support the environment team leader by providing oversight to the wider team, including mentoring junior staff
* Provide technical leadership, co-ordination, technical review and direction on projects
* Develop and maintain relationships with clients and regulatory authorities
* Manage project financial performance and meeting profit targets
* Prepare and manage multi-disciplinary tenders and seek opportunities for new work
* Travel within the region, including travel to KSA for short periods of time
* Financial management of projects
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* BSc and MSc degree level qualified in a relevant environmental discipline or engineering discipline
* Membership of a relevant professional body (i.e. IEMA or equivalent) and preferably chartered status
* Over 10 years previous experience working in environmental consulting
* Experience of working in an international consultancy
* Significant experience in managing large complex environmental projects across a number of disciplines
* Ability to work across multiple disciplines and a flexible mindset to working
* Experience in providing technical alternatives and solutions to technical clarifications and design solutions to the clients
* Significant proofing, editing and report collation experience
* Excellent written English and verbal communication, presentation and organisational skills
* Experience of working on multiple projects, simultaneously
* Robust project management, time management and financial management skills
* Collaborative mindset and outcome driven working method
* Leadership and ability to take ultimate ownership of projects
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.