Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer with a proven track record of leading design projects with the Building Services Engineering space.
Your new role, what's involved?
* I define Mechanical Building Services Engineering strategies and undertake feasibility works across numerous project types in the Middle East
* I ensure that my team deliver high quality Building Services Engineering designs on time by taking a hands on, technically focused, approach
* I develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
* I am a key point of contact on projects, comfortable directly engaging with clients and delivering presentations to technical and non-technical stakeholders
* I undertake project reviews and checking in accordance with QA/QC procedures
* I always ensure that sustainable principles are embedded in all my design of mechanical services on projects I ensure that Health & Safety is embedded into all work practices in line with company policies
* I ensure the right resources are utilized effectively at the right time across the team and projects, including engaging with the Complimentary Resource Centers (CRCs) to ensure that communication and design processes are continually improved
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* I've bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
* I am a Chartered Engineer or working towards
* I've good knowledge of analytical/design software such as Revit,? IES and HAP software
* I have project management and project leadership skills and am comfortable in a decision making role
* I drive collaboration on my projects and the wider building services team
* I have 12+ years post-qualification experience with broad mechanical design experience on large but diverse projects
* I am a confident and clear communicator who is happy regularly interfacing with our clients
* I lead MEP team for the small scale projects, and work independently to manage resources, Commercial and Technical delivery of the project
* I have a general understanding of all the MEP systems to coordinate with the architects and other sub-consultants
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.