Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
- Lead and be responsible for the successful delivery of a wide range of infrastructure and oil & gas projects involving treatment of water and wastewater (sewage, industrial effluent and produced water), intakes and pumping stations, utilities, drainage, including production of engineering deliverables (technical reports, written calculations, design briefs, specifications, drawings, schedules, material requisitions, Tender bid evaluations, contract documentation and the like).
- Responsible for ensuring technical quality, coordination, integrity, cost effectiveness, and profitability of designs produced.
- Follow design guidelines, standards, and procedures to effectively execute assigned work.
- Interface with other members of the design and management team on multiple discipline projects including with the Global Delivery Centres when required.
- Prepare and adhere to assigned budgets and schedules, integrate team efforts, review work, set priorities, identify and resolve issues in a timely manner and communicate status to the Project Manager.
- Interface with external and internal clients and act as a mechanical lead on specific projects.
- Prepare technical and commercial proposals.
- Technical supervision of project designated junior engineers and draftsmen in the execution of their duties.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in mechanical engineering.
- Mentor junior members of staff and assist to promote career development within the group.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Check compliance with QA/Safety/Environment goals.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Worley Quality Management System.
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety and implementing safe working practices.
- HSE - Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
What you will bring
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications (British, European and International standards and other construction practices.)
- Strong design, engineering, execution, pre commissioning, commissioning experience in Water and Wastewater industry over the whole lifecycle of a project. Experienced in a consulting engineering environment including concept, FEED and Detailed Design.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams, who will be able to guide clients and project team
- Expert in the selection, design, and procurements of equipment (TBE, VDR) in water and wastewater treatment systems and pumping stations. Rotating equipment's: API, Non API Pumps, Compressors, Blowers, Fans, Air cooler etc. Static equipment: Tanks, Heat exchangers, Screens, piping, material handling. OSBL/ Utility Packages: Instrument/ Process air, N2, Demin Water, BFW, WWTP, spent Caustic treatment, Drainage. HVAC design. Cooling water system design
- Experienced in dealing with a variety of clients including developers, government bodies and EPC Contractors.
- Competent in the use of industry software for mechanical engineering.
- Identify and evaluate new technology advancements against existing methods and, revise where applicable, to provide more effective solutions.
- Competent in the evaluation of the condition of existing mechanical equipment, including condition surveys and projected maintenance programs.
- A relevant Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering
- Chartered Engineer preferable
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience working in the Middle East.
- Experience in industrial infrastructure projects with design in Water, Wastewater treatment and Pumping stations.
- Experience in Intake and Outfall, Desalination, Wastewater treatment projects.
- Experience in the design of HVAC systems.
- Experienced in consulting and EPC environment.
- Experience as a Design Coordinator or Engineering Manager on large multi-disciplinary design projects.
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy.
To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.