Job description / Role
• Drive platform awareness, adoption, and usage through positioning, content, customer engagement, and optimization. Help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Oracle’s Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings such as Compute, Storage, Java as a Service, and Database as a Service
• Help customers solve their technical challenges, work with the engineering teams to document and understand customer requests.
• Create thought leadership and awareness, addressing key analyst, press, and technical communities
• Create and drive differentiated and high quality content for prospects, through all relevant channels to market (direct, indirect, online)
• Influence go-to-market Sales and Marketing campaign strategy, positioning, and packaging
• Evangelize messaging on PaaS+IaaS and sell the vision of building and migrating enterprise applications, software and services on to the Oracle public cloud platform.
• Use your technical skills to support field sales and sales consultants in closing high value deals. Developing a customer’s Cloud Computing architecture vision, future state architectures, and implementable architecture roadmaps in the context of the public, private, and hybrid cloud computing solutions Oracle can offer.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle is changing the cloud industry and has built the most modern, performance focused, and resilient cloud offering in the market today. We seek awesome cloud technologists who have strong solution architecture expertise, have worked on large cloud native deployments, possess knowledge of enterprise workloads, and are great communicators to deliver a game changing cloud experience to our customers.
• Can succinctly articulate a compelling vision for IaaS/PaaS
• Possesses strong business acumen in the context of cloud-based services to effectively engage with business leaders, analysts, press, and Oracle leadership
• Has a demonstrable ability to analyze and act against existing and rapidly changing markets
• Has a strong understanding of infrastructure as a service technologies and customer needs (hands on with Open Source, Linux, Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, Terraform, scripting and DevOps experience is a plus).
• Strong technical knowledge of distributed systems and cloud infrastructure services to effectively engage with engineering teams
• Able to engage with customer engineers at the architecture and design level to lift and shift their Oracle or Cloud Native workloads to the Oracle cloud.
• Demonstrates strong writing skills. Demonstrated ability to explain technical material to both technical and business audiences. Experience creating and editing content for articles, blogs, white papers, websites, landing pages, and case studies.
• Possesses skill and influence to develop and execute go-to-market strategies
• Has a demonstrated ability to attract, motivate, and drive a cross-functional team to achieve desired objectives.
• 10+ years of experience as a Solution architect, Sales Engineer or Product Manager driving enterprise grade IT solutions
• 6+ years of hands on experience in the IaaS or PaaS; enterprise infrastructure or DevOps. Expert level knowledge of AWS or Azure cloud platforms is highly desired.
• Experience and/or architecture knowledge of virtualization software including Oracle VM, KVM, and Hyper-V Exposure
• Previously played an active role in a successful agile environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
Are you ready to take on a once-in-a-generation opportunity? Are you interested in redefining enterprise IT with new technologies and business models? Do you thrive in technology driven entrepreneurial environments? Do you enjoy both creating a broad vision and delivering the day to day work? If you are a change agent who can dream big and inspire people – we want to meet you!
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.
IT Support Specialist
A Leading Investment Hub in the UAE
Senior Manager - Online Solutions
Etisalat - UAE
Product Manager (eCommerce Platform)
Senior Program Manager
|Abu Dhabi||21 Nov|