Principal Safety and Risk Engineer
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
To undertake/man age L oss Prevention Engineering and Safety & Risk and related works on major projects as required by the company workload.
- Manage Safety & Risk Engineers to develop Loss Prevention Engineering deliverables on major Oil & Gas projects
- Overview and manage 3 rd party HSE Consultants for Safety & Risk studies for the projects
- Coordinate with relevant engineering disciplines and 3 rd party HSE Consultants for conducting various Safety & Risk workshops such as PHA, HAZOP, SIL and SIMOPS, etc.,
- Project management, production of project deliverables on time and to budget.
- Preparation of proposals and man hour estimates for major tenders
- Preparation of, and management of, both Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Assessments, including fault tree and event tree analyses, hazard identification, FMECA techniques, risk ranking.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of methods, access to databases and access to appropriate software.
- Ability to lead a project team of Risk & Safety Engineers.
- Provide guidance to, and training of junior engineers in the preparation of their work.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Business Unit
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the Business Unit. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, membership of a relevant Engineering Institution or similar, Ability to manage projects.
- Hand-on experience in Offshore Oil & Gas projects, especially Concept studies and FEED.
- Working experience in middle-east, especially on ADNOC project is an added advantage
- At least 15 years direct risk & safety experience in the oil and gas industry.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.