Job description / Role
• Lead technical design and build for complex solutions across teams.
• Review and approve technical design. Carry out effective design reviews to ensure that the right architecture patters are used by engineering teams.
• Technical stewardship of a subset of technology area.
Use expert knowledge of the technical stack and design principles for the components in the technology area to solve complex business issues.
• Represent software engineering in cross business area initiatives.
• Champion automation and lean software development, test driven development, timely root cause analysis and incident post-mortems.
• Help define and refine the software and data engineering playbooks for use by relevant people in Technology.
• Lead discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design, partnering with cross-functional teams.
• Drive proof-of-concepts and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
• Investigate, debug and fix complex issues involving corner cases and rare conditions.
• Drive built in quality in engineering teams in collaboration with end to end quality assurance.
• Mentor and coach engineers on writing clean code and debug complex cases.
Teach and help developers test their code better and influence developers to write tests and review their work
• Develop accelerator framework and practices to improve quality of technology solutions and productivity of engineers.
• Develop optimal technical design and high-quality code for technology products that passes the QA requirements and is production deployment ready.
• Carry out functional, non-functional and performance testing in using appropriate automation tools.
• Measure and monitor engineering metrics that enable agility, scalability, data quality and reliability of technology solutions across the enterprise.
• Responsible for technical debt remediation strategy and execution with support from environment management, service management, infrastructure management and cyber security.
Qualifications You’ll Need To Have:
• Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering.
Experience You’ll Need To Have:
• 8+ years of experience in Information Technology Software
• Software Engineering
• Deep experience in designing, developing and maintaining advanced technology solutions for large, complex organisations in a multi-functional, Tier0 environment.
• Experience in agile ways of working
• Implementation of contemporary engineering practices like lean software development, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment
Skills You’ll Need To Have:
• Team player with a problem-solving attitude using variety of software
• Experience in influencing business and cross functional stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communications
About the Company
Based in Dubai, the Emirates Group employs over 103,363 staff from more than 160 nationalities. The Emirates Group’s extensive and diverse international portfolio includes the world’s largest international airline, Emirates, and one of the largest combined air services provider in the world, dnata. For the year financial year ending 2017-18, the Emirates Group posted a profit of AED 4.1 billion (US$ 1.1 billion). Within the Group there are a diverse range of businesses which offer a wide spectrum of career opportunities, all of which can be explored through the Group's dedicated careers website, emirates.com/careers
Essential to the Group’s ongoing success is the employment of high-quality people who benefit from living and working in Dubai, a modern cosmopolitan city offering one of the most desirable lifestyles in the world. The Emirates Group employees come from over 160 nationalities, receive tax-free salary and benefits package, and are offered professional development opportunities to further their careers with the organisation. If you are a high-performer, seeking a career challenge, personal and professional development, and reward and recognition for your contribution, then the Emirates Group is the perfect opportunity for you.