Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Principal Solar Engineer to join our team, contributing to the design, implementation, and optimization of cutting-edge solar energy projects that drive the region's renewable energy transformation.
As a Principal Solar Engineer with WSP, you will play a pivotal role in advancing solar energy initiatives that align with our commitment to sustainability and innovation. Collaborating closely with a multidisciplinary team of experts, you will contribute to the development of robust solar solutions while ensuring their seamless integration into the broader energy infrastructure.
You would have the option to be based in the UAE.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Solar PV Plant Design & Installation (Ground Mounted / Large scale projects upto 500MW).
* AC- DC System design for Solar PV plants.
* Design & integration of Battery Storage systems (Desirable).
* LV/MV and Substation design Engineering within the solar PV plant.
* Preparation of Single Line Diagram, 2DLayout, Plan & section of Overall plant, Substation Equipment control room etc
* Earthing, /Lightning/Cable Sizing/Conductor Sizing and schedule as per IS/IEEE/IEC
* Equipment Selection/ Sizing as per IS/IEEE/IEC
* Preparation of Distribution/Auxiliary system.
* Evaluation of vendor Drawings, GTP, Calculation & Technical Specs
* LV/MV Engineering for the collector substation, unit substation & pooling station
* ITO (tender) drawings, BOQ estimation, RFQ finalization & evaluation of various components, selection of equipment with best pricing options.
* Co-ordination and integration with Automation, Civil & MEP.
* Co-ordination of site & office team for execution of project
* Wind force simulations and ground mounting structure for solar power parks
* Prior Experience with Engineering consultant/ or EPC/ or Developer environment, able to rapidly switch task between projects and clients.
* Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
* Document and communicate results of technical data generated.
* Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives.
* Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Flexible and quick to learn global developments in renewable technologies.
* Should have hands on Experience on PVSyst Simulation.
* Experience on Wind IPPs will be an added advantage.
* Should have good communication skills, presentable and interpersonal skills.
* Good knowledge of solar PV power installations and calculations.
* Should have good knowledge of MS-Word, MS Excel, MS- Presentation and other MS Tools
* Have Hands on Experience of Solar PV plant Designing, Electrical design, substations and grid connection of large-scale solar power parks Grid compatibility e.g. Control systems for integration of large-scale solar installations.
* A strong desire to expand knowledge through mentoring, collaboration with colleagues and active participation in industry groups.
* Should have understandable knowledge and skills to prepare the Techno-Commercial proposal for solar PV plants.
* Should have consulting background and must be aware about the different roles to be played by the consultants.
* Demonstrable experience in client handling while front facing the clients on the ongoing and upcoming projects.
* Ready to travel abroad as per the project requirements.
* Able to work in global, multinational, multidisciplinary and fast paced environment while complying with the WSP's Ethics and Compliance policies.
* MS office Package (MS Word, MS Excel, MS presentation Etc.)
* PVSyst Energy Modelling should covers the following:
- Basic Simulations
- Detailed losses analysis
- Shadow analysis (Integration with Sketchup and PVSol)
- P50-P90 Estimation
- Energy yield estimation for 25 years.
Qualifications / Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, from an accredited college or university, with a minimum 6-8 years of experience in the Renewables Sector.
What's in it for you?
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.