Job description / Role
Ready to lead a team that will design bridges and tunnels for major projects? Want to take your Engineering expertise to the next level to work on challenging projects that will make an impact on the community? Parsons is looking for a principal structural engineer to lead our structures team in the delivery of a major programs for one of our clients.
Scope of the role:
- Lead a team of structural engineer to deliver large projects in compliance with project requirement under the direct supervision of project/program director.
- Lead the preparation of structural design drawings, specifications, and calculation submittals
- Lead the preparation of the technical correspondence, reports, and studies for structural related works.
- Responsible technically of the engineering production of the structure team
- Coordinate with Geotechnical Specialist for issues related to soil-structure interaction.
- Coordinate structural engineering activities with other disciplines within the Engineering Departments
- Interface with the Client and approval Agencies/Authorities for Bridge and Tunnel Design Works.
- Provide technical advice to other departments with respect to Bridges and Tunnels.
- Provide technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award or other contract conferences.
- Act as a mentor for the structural project team
Experience and Qualifications:
- A recognized degree in Civil Engineering with fifteen (15) years minimum post-graduate professional experience.
- Advance degree such as a Master’s degree in Structural Engineering from a recognized university is preferred.
- US registration as a Professional Engineer or equivalent is required.
- The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
- Experience in design and construction of precast and cast-in-place segmental bridges is required in addition to tunnel design and construction experience and cast-in-place structures.
- Experience in design and construction of steel bridges will be plus.
- Must be fully conversant with AASHTO LRFD, American Concrete Institute (ACI) and Steel Construction Manual of American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) codes and standards.
- Must be dependable and a self-motivated leader.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Civil / Structural Engineer - Water & Buildings Projects
|Abu Dhabi||6 Jan|
Assistant Resident Engineer (Structures)
Menasa & Partners
Infrastructure Design Engineer - Roads and Highways
Assistant Resident Engineer - Roads & Highways
|Abu Dhabi||30 Dec|