Job description / Role
Europe & The Middle East
Change management, Pricing, Transformation and Turnaround Restructuring
Financial institutions, Public sector, Heavy Industries
Practice Area Profile
A specialist transformation, turnaround and restructuring unit of a global top tier strategy consultancy that works with business leaders to deliver rapid, sustainable and visible performance improvements, while strengthening their organizations and positioning them to win in the years ahead. By collaborating shoulder to shoulder with the client and being a true performance partner, they achieve a change that lasts. Team members include experts such as former CEOs, C-suite leaders, and other highly experienced professionals.
As an Expert Principal you will be a core member of transformation, restructuring and turnaround team working alongside some of the world’s top experts in the field. An Expert occupies an important position executing and supporting client service engagements in a variety of roles. An Expert may be responsible for delivering a specific piece of work as an advisor, or an individual contributor or, depending on the individual’s profile and skill set; they may be responsible for leading a team. They may also play an advisory role on projects, helping to either establish credibility or ramp the team up at the start of a particular piece of work, or provide regular support and guidance throughout the project. At this senior level, individuals are involved in business development activities and increase the amount of time dedicated to development of their own and the team’s expertise.
You will work hand in hand with the decision makers of our client company, having a real seat at the table. Through your project, you will accompany companies from a variety of sectors and industries through decisive changes in the Middle East. The majority of your time will be spent as part of the turnaround team composed of members of different backgrounds collaborating intensively and building a long-term relation with our client. You will also dedicate time to further develop and deepen expertise in short term turnaround management and to support Partners in business development initiatives.
The key responsibilities are:
- Steer the execution of Turnaround Restructuring (TRS) cases
- Execute, or provide expertise and support to, turnaround projects in diverse industries
- Lead large scale operational and transformation journeys at the client; hold interim management/ Chief Transformation or Restructuring Officer’s role
- Capable of acting as a project oversight for an entire case or at a module level on select topics. Owns project processes, content and day to day client interactions
- Support multiple case teams, especially those with need for deep and hands-on approach, either as an individual contributor or owner on a TRS topic, or as an advisor to the overall project
- Drive and co-lead development of the content, either directly or by providing guidance to the consulting team (for example, by sharing ideas, frameworks or providing input on research and analysis)
- Manage the client relationship and work jointly with TRS team and client project teams, bringing expertise to the team and to the client on site
- Builds TRS expertise within and increases TRS profile externally
- Drive the development and improvement of TRS methodology, tools, frameworks
- Provide intellectual leadership for the project teams by generating key ideas and conceptual frameworks to guide research and analysis
- Develop and contribute to the creation of intellectual capital on the topic: position papers, studies, insights from case experience, tools and products
- Build awareness of TRS capabilities within the firm, representing business at a variety of regional, global forums
- Drives TRS as a business
- Proactively identify and cultivate a network of potential clients, and strategies to win and generate new business development leads to grow the pipeline
- Create awareness of TRS expertise and capabilities to the external community; participate in key industry forums, including presenting on topics relevant to senior management
- Key support for proposal creation and presentations: provide content expertise around specific topics; act as key topic content lead for proposals or other business development
AED 70,000 to 120,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Strong academics from a top-tier institution
- A Masters or MBA degree is essential
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 7 years running large and complex transformations
- Performance improvement, operational Turnaround programs in industry or a consulting set–up (preferred)
- Strong Transformation management background with experience in leading the TMO/ PMO roles (Chief Transformation Officer or Restructuring Officer ideal)
- Proficiency with P&L and Balance sheet topics, especially working capital / liquidity management
- Experience in engaging and driving negotiations across multiple CXO stakeholders
- A strong track record and a close network of professional contacts at key clients within the TRS sector
- Analytical and structured with excellent problem-solving skills (hypothesis driven approach etc.)
- Advanced quantitative analysis skills
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills to interact at high levels and manage stakeholders
- Superior business sense and good ability to work across practice areas
- Excellent written and spoken English (Arabic would be desirable, but not essential)
- Excellent track record of project/team leadership and related achievements
- Flexible, curious and creative, open for new things and able to propose innovative ideas
- Independent and autonomous judgment
- Collaborative team player and positive attitude
- Intercultural competence and experience of working in more than one country and/or multi-cultural teams
- Driven, hard-working, entrepreneurial, proactive and productive
- Highest ethical standard
- Willingness to travel internationally and to work remotely on client sites
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.
Enterprise Performance Improvement - Senior Vice President - Global Management Consultancy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Turnaround Restructuring (TRS) Senior Vice President – Global Management Consultancy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Associate Principal - High Impact Operations Improvement & Turnarounds
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Manager - High Impact Operations Improvement & Turnarounds
NSI & Bluefin Talent