Job description / Role
Our Private Client Services (PCS) professionals advise successful families, family business owners and family offices on how to preserve the family wealth and manage risks. They advise them on their global tax affairs and are also involved in non-tax projects that are strategically important for regional families such as the creation of a family office, succession planning, contingency planning, confidentiality management and family governance.
As a Private Client Services Senior Manager, you will demonstrate the right mix of industry, commercial and tax technical knowledge to be able to understand how successful families operate across the Middle East and support them in achieving their objectives. You will build trusted relationships with them and your internal peers.
You will effectively apply your knowledge to client situations, and take the lead in developing and delivering innovative solution-oriented ideas with timely, responsive services and work products that meet and/or exceed client expectations. You will create, lead and motivate high-performing teams and help staff members build their skills.
The role involves meeting with existing and prospective clients and participating to business development initiatives.
Job purpose: To lead the delivery of family governance and family office advisory projects across MENA
• Serve as a trusted business advisor to regional successful families, family business owners and family office in providing a wide range of consulting services including advice on global tax matters, family office advisory, succession planning, contingency planning, confidentiality management and family governance.
• Provide tax-related domestic and cross-border planning assistance to successful families, family business owners and family offices with a focus on Middle East outbound investments (both conventional and Shari’a compliant).
• Generate new business opportunities and build client networks and relationships
• Work as part of a multi-jurisdictional/disciplinary team in terms of pursuing, managing and delivering engagements. As part of this there must be a drive to ensure that all deliverables meet the EY quality standard.
• Manage the preparation of reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
• Build trusted relationships with both client representatives and other members of the overall tax team and across other service lines (e.g. audit department)
• Participate and assist in preparing for meetings with existing and prospective clients, and support business development initiatives
• Ensure engagements comply with all aspects of internal risk management as well as managing the economics of all jobs
• Meet financial and non-financial KPIs on an annual basis
• Help people to develop through the effective supervision, coaching and mentoring of staff
• Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
• Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting, retaining and training Private Client Services professionals
• Maintain an educational program to develop your technical and personal skills
• Understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to all levels of staff
Technical skills requirements
• A bachelor's degree with strong academic credentials – taxation, accounting, business, finance or a related field essential. MBA, Master’s degree or LLM would be a plus as well as a professional certification (e.g. CPA, LPC…).
• A minimum of eight years of relevant experience working with successful families in a role which involves oversight on international tax matters
• Big 4, major law firm, in-house family office and/or private banking experience desirable with a focus on family governance and family office advisory services
• Strong organizational, analytical and verbal/written communication skills.
Additional skills requirements
• Excellent written and verbal English and Arabic language skills.
• Relevant consulting experience within a mature market is desirable
• Strong communication skills and entrepreneurial attitude
• Professional appearance and ability to successfully interact with successful families and their advisors
• Broad exposure to international taxation and wealth management
• Strong managerial, organizational, project management, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.