Job description / Role
We are currently searching for a Private Equity Associate / Analyst to join the Investment Team of our client in Abu Dhabi. In this role, the person will function as an integral part of a close-knit group of investment professionals. Reporting directly to the Chief Investment Officer, you will provide support in the sourcing, research, analysis and evaluation of private equity direct and co-investment opportunities and in the monitoring of financial performance of portfolio companies and funds.
Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Sources, researches, analyses and evaluates a variety of private equity investment opportunities and contributes to the overall evaluation process
• Develops complex dynamic financial models and valuation analysis including DCF, LBO, precedent transactions and comparable company analysis
• Takes part in due diligence activities which include appraisal of company’s past and projected financial performance, quality of its management teams, investment merits and risks, expected returns, regulatory investment, market attractiveness, industry dynamics, company competitive position and other relevant deal return drivers
• Makes recommendations based on the results of the team’s due diligence and analysis
• Assists in the negotiation and execution of investment agreements and other transaction-related legal documentations
• Analyses potential fund investment opportunities which include the evaluation of fund manager’s track record, investment strategy, value-add, and investment team
• Drafts internal fund investment proposals for approval of the Investment Committee
• Assists in negotiating, structuring and completing fund documentations
• Coordinates with internal groups in the monitoring of ongoing investments
• Monitors ongoing financial performance of portfolio companies and funds and overseas the reviews of valuations
To be considered for the job, you need to meet the following criteria:
• A bachelor’s degree with a strong economic background, preferably with an MBA
• 3-5 years of progressive experience in investment banking, strategic consulting, private equity or other relevant experience
• Prior experience of working in a ‘Private Family Office’ investment company, with a blend of experience covering Direct Investments, Co-Investments and Joint Ventures is plus
• Must have outstanding research, financial modelling, analytical and valuation skills
• Must possess superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills
• Experience in driving important work streams in private equity investments or M&A work, conducting due diligence and working with external parties
• Must be a strong team player with demonstrated ability and interest in working closely with team members and delivering quality work under tight schedules
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Senior Financial Analyst
Al Ghurair Properties
A Leading Private Group in the MENAT Region
Fund Operations and Accounting
Swisslinx Middle East
Senior Financial Analyst
Portfolio Manager - Family Office Investments