Job description / Role
Dubai Immigration Team Ernst & Young (“EY”)
EY's people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. Recognized as one of the Middle East’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
EY Dubai is one of the first 250 VIP companies to be subject to the mandatory Tawteen program in Dubai.
The EY Visa Team in the Dubai office are responsible for the visa processing of more than 1200 employees in Dubai along with their dependants. The team are also responsible for inbound and outbound business visas for Dubai employees/for employees from EY’s offices around the globe.
The team work very closely with members of EY's client facing Business Immigration and Human Capital teams who help companies address the challenges associated with managing today's globally mobile workforce. This ensures knowledge sharing and enables us to give both our clients and our employees exceptional service and less stressful, low risk visa processing and cross border travel.
We are currently seeking a very experienced PRO to assist EY Dubai with Tawteen, Labour and Immigration issues.
In the future there are also likely to be opportunities to broaden the role and support other EY entities and potentially clients too.
Summary of Job Purpose
Reporting to the Dubai Immigration Lead, the primary purpose of this role is to assist with our most challenging Immigration cases. However, the role requires flexibility and the individual will be expected to cover for our more junior PRO in times of absence and may be required on occasion to work two shifts if the demands of the business require activities in both the morning and the afternoon.
• Filing more difficult/complex applications with the MOL and GDRFA
• Ensuring quota issues and challenges are dealt with quickly and efficiently and taking responsibility to ensure business continuity
• Investigating why applications may have been rejected, recommending a plan of action to ensure approval and filing additional papers or new applications if required
• Dealing with the Security offices at MOHRE and GDRFA and with the Tawteen authorities.
• Dealing with other Ministries (e.g. the Ministry of Health, Emirates ID Authority, Airport Immigration, the DED and Police authorities) as and when required
• Responsible for keeping colleagues up to date with Immigration related developments and proactively developing contacts and relationships with key personnel in the Ministries to ensure that we know the right people to go to in order to resolve problems as quickly as possible
• Delegation to more junior PRO as and when required
• University Degree
• Fluent in written and spoken Arabic
• Emirati with family book (“khulasa”) and ability to obtain the appropriate PRO cards in order to represent EY officially at the appropriate Ministries
• At least 10 years of previous experience in a similar PRO role and with a very good network of contacts
• Excellent knowledge of Labour and Immigration requirements
• Confidentiality and Integrity are essential as this role requires dealing with employees’ personal documentation and upholding EY’s values, brand and reputation
• Must be proactive, highly organized, flexible and have the ability to communicate effectively and professionally and to manage own workload
• Good English language skills, written and verbal
• Strong attention to detail
There must be no conflict of interest or restrictive covenants with any other company.
EY is committed to diversity and equality.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.