Job description / Role
Title: Process Engineer
KBR is looking for a Process Engineer for an EPCM Project to be based in Abu Dhabi.
Purpose of the Job
To carry out process design activities for various stages of the projects like, Conceptual studies, front-end design and detailed engineering for projects in support of the development of new and existing upstream oil and gas facilities.
- To carry-out process simulations and optimization studies for selecte / appriase stage projects and prepare Process Flow Schemes with heat and mass balances, equipment sizing, layout, etc for costing and option selection.
- To perform detailed process engineering work and generate the deliverables like Process Flow Digram, Piping & Instrumentation Diagram, Equipment Datasheets, Study Reports/Manuals, etc. during all design phases including interpretation of international standards.
- To review any process design work carried-out by third parties (vendors), other offices and to participate in HAZOPs, Safety and Facility reviews and audits.
- To actively train and encourage the development of UAE national staff to fulfill process engineering roles.
- To understand the requirements of the office quality system and ensure these requirements are met.
- To collaborate with other disciplines and contribute for meeting project delivery on time with efficient and safe way.
Qualifications / Experience Needed
- Degree in Chemical Engineering (B.Sc./M.Sc./B.Eng.) and/or membership of internationally accepted applicable professional Institute.
- A minimum 10-13 years upstream Oil & Gas, Refineries and Petrochemical experience including a minimum 10 years process engineering experience with engineering consultancies is required.
- Working experience in use of process software like HYSYS, PROII, Pipesim, Flarenet etc. is must.
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.