Job description / Role
Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
This role oversees procurement and subcontracting activities for all markets and divisions of the company in the MEA Region. Assess risks, reviews and negotiate all types of subcontracts, support all projects and internal departments on as needed basis. Play an active role in conducting vendor/subcontractor due diligence and pre-qualifications.
• Provides advice, comments on procurement policies, procedures and compliance related issues; requested changes to terms and conditions; assists project staff with negotiating Parsons TOCs with sub consultants, subcontractors, suppliers/vendors.
• Preparing requests for qualification (RFQ) and request for proposal (RFP) documents and manage the solicitation, bid and award processes for projects.
• Maintain and update approved vendor/subcontractor database for the Company.
• Review Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, and Amendments to ensure compliance with Parsons procurement policies and procedures
• Reviews Sub consultant certificates of insurance for compliance to purchase orders and agreements.
• Ensure approvals in accordance with Matrix of Authority for purchase orders, subcontract agreements and waivers.
• Handle Company’s vendor/subcontractor evaluation and Quality Improvement Process.
• Provide procurement and subcontracting assistance to other departments and divisions within the Company.
• Maintain and update leased vehicles database of the Company.
• Procure and execute Corporate Rate Agreements with hotels and maintain a database of preferred hotels for the MEA Region.
• Provide training to project team on Parsons procurement policies and procedures.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
• Minimum 5 years of experience in procurement of sub consultants / subcontractors within a major engineering and construction firm.
• Strong background of procurement in the MEA region
• Experience in subcontract formation
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, vendor management systems with general strong IT knowledge.
• Proven interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and within cross functional teams.
• Attention to detail and organizational skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.