Job description / Role
Our client, a leading Facilities Management company is currently looking for a Procurement Assistant for a one-year contract position.
The Procurement Assistant is responsible to ensure procurement of the right quantity of right items of the right quality at the right price.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Identify vendors, including verifying credibility, and build relationships with them for the company.
• Identify high quality and competent maintenance and refurbishment contractors.
• Understand the current maintenance and construction material suppliers including market trends.
• Ensure that procurement is done based on forecast consumption and inventory levels.
• Conducting periodical supplier evaluations.
• To coordinate between operational departments for compiling of procurement requirements for materials/services and obtain prices from the market.
• To initiate, coordinate and facilitate RFQ/Tendering process in accordance with company policies.
• Compile quotations received for any major purchase or services and prepare a summary sheet for evaluation by the manager in charge.
• Negotiating with suppliers for optimum rates to procure quality materials – keep updated about current market rates for materials and services.
• Ensure that procurement is done according to the agreed policies and procedures and best practices.
• Ensure that the company always has robust supplier base and the relations are maintained to the highest standards
Background, Experience and Attributes:
• Good knowledge of best procurement practices
• Good knowledge about the local market
• Good communication skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Good MS Office Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position in UAE, preferably with a large organization in the construction or maintenance industry.
• Facilities Management Industry experience is highly desired, but not essential.
• Extensive knowledge of construction or maintenance contractors and material suppliers in the UAE
• Computer literate, with knowledge of any supply chain management system especially Great Plains will be advantageous.
• Good command over English language
• Valid UAE Driving License.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.