Job description / Role
The Procurement Assistant shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Ensures that all procurement performed is in compliance with regulations and laws relating to procurement practices and are in accordance with Company standard practices.
• Prepares and develops bid documents and supplier bid lists to obtain competitive quotations on commodities and services.
• Prepares and maintains accurate records and documentation on all solicitations, responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence and related follow up.
• Prepares weekly and monthly statistical reports to establish and track the number of requisitions, requests for quotes, purchase orders and work orders.
• Ensures that the Approved Supplier List is regularly reviewed and updated by taking appropriate advice from both Operations and Technical Departments.
• Issues policies, procedures to vendors as and when required and maintains records of documents issued.
• Liaises with QA/QC when required in order to document required / necessary vendor audits.
• Assists with the development of Minutes of Meetings, Agendas for department meetings.
• Provides /develops a filing system for paperwork and documentation that is generated by the Procurement Department.
• Performs other related duties such as special assignments and major objectives as required.
• Procurement of fast moving generic goods and services for the main offices and yard.
• Updating and management of the Approved Supplier List ensuring that all suppliers have the correct and most up to date information stored within the Procurement System
• To coordinate where required activities within the Procurement Department.
• With minimum 2 years of general experience preferably within marine environment.
• At least a graduate in relevant field of study or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Must have analytical experience, be accurate with numbers and technical details, well organized and exercise sound judgement in decision making.
• Has in-depth understanding of purchasing procedures and makes appropriate decisions based on this knowledge.
• Exposure to marine standards is desirable.
• Software expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word is essential.
• Knowledge in other MS Office package is an advantage.
• Ability to deal with people tactfully and effectively.
About the Company
A leading offshore contractor in the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi||24 Jul|
Central Asia Development Group (CADG)
Procurement Specialist (4 Month Maternity Cover)
Arab Media Group (AMG)
Excelsior Group ME
Procurement & Contracts Manager
Arena Events Limited