Job description / Role
Procurement Assistant Manager (Construction Materials)
Please note that job ads are posted by KOTRA Dubai, but recruited by the COMPANY BELOW.
KOTRA Dubai helps UAE-based Korean clients for recruitment.
KOTRA Dubai DOESN'T ACCEPT TELEPHONE INQUIRIES.
KOTRA Dubai has NO RESPONSIBILITY for the contract between the company below and the applicants.
Company Name : S&P World Networks DMCC (“SnP”)
Company Profile :
S&P World Networks DMCC (“SnP”) is an affiliate company of Hanwha Group, a Fortune 500 company and one of top 10 conglomerates of the Republic of Korea. Hanwha Group’s global network of affiliates includes companies in different sectors such as manufacturing & construction, hospitality service and financing institutions. SnP was established to serve as Hanwha Group’s holding company in Middle East and the North Africa (MENA) region. One of SnP’s mission is to procure and supply construction material and provide general support for Hanwha E&C’s USD 10 billion Bismayah New City Project (BNCP) in Iraq, which is comprised of construction of new city development, 100,000 housing project and Social infrastructure. Based on Hanwha Group’s ever growing reputation and strong regional presence captured by successful works in the BNCP and many other projects within Iraq and MENA, SnP is expanding its business spectrum to global logistics solution and construction material trading business amongst many as well as exploring other new business opportunities in MENA.
Oversee the overall procurement process:
- Conduct market research to ascertain the best products and services in terms of value, delivery schedule and quality
- Identify potential suppliers, build and maintain productive relationships with them, and occasionally check supplier site
- Ensure suppliers are aware of the overall business objectives
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and clients
- Negotiate and agree contracts while monitoring their progress, checking the quality of product or service provided
- Forecast level of demand for services and products to meet business needs of client
- Forecast price trends and their impacts on future activities
- Develop an organization’s purchasing strategy
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- Process payments and invoices
- Supervising and expediting production, shipment and delivery of materials and schedule management
- Organize purchase request forms, communication between company and bidder, bid evaluation forms and purchase orders and other relevant files
- Train and supervise the work of other staff members
- Minimum 5 year work experience in procurement team of Top-tier construction company.
- Procurement and sourcing of materials for residential, commercial construction and city development project in MENA region. (Have procurement experience with construction project in Iraq would be preferred.
- Civil Engineering background (Bachelor’s or higher)
- Understanding and experience in global procurement, sourcing and international trading.
- No restrictions on oversea travelling (incl. Iraq)
- Personal Integrity and excellent communication skills both speaking and writing in English. Ability in other foreign language (Arabic or Chinese) would be preferred
- Good skills in office work programs(Microsoft Office) and Procurement ERP system
About the Company
Since its establishment in 1962 as part of the Koreas first 5-year Economic Plan, KOTRA has been dedicated to creating new export markets and increasing Koreas trade value, which reached $1 trillion in 2011. In the late 1990s, the agency helped Korea overcome the Financial Crisis by starting its foreign direct investment promotion division. And in the last half century, KOTRA has played a significant role in supporting Korean companies expanding overseas.
Today, the world economy is more volatile than ever due to the European financial crisis, China's hindered economic growth, upcoming elections in 15 countries and security issues in the Middle East. In preparation for a rapidly changing market environment, and using Koreas expansive FTA network, KOTRA is focusing on the globalization of small and medium sized enterprises(SMEs), the backbone of the Korean economy, by providing them with customized support related to global business establishment and export.