Job description / Role
Main Job Purpose:
• The Tea Blender is responsible for issuing blends as per SU requirements. The job also requires evaluation of incoming tea quality on an organoleptic basis. Working with their respective cluster Procurement Manager Tea, they will monitor stocks to ensure all stocks are tracked till consumption. They will adhere to blend cost targets and forecast provided to the business.
• Responsible for issuing blend sheets to Lipton Jebel Ali Mixing Unit and Pakistan Mixing Unit as per plan.
• Responsible for incoming quality evaluation and its use.
• Ensure all inbound tea deliveries are tasted and fully updated in SAP
• Responsible for delivery of quality of all Blends as per the PBBS.
• Support the savings agenda and maintain project status in SRS
• Support Blend Demand requirements enabling 98.5% Customer Service delivery against the forecast.
• Fully manage Tea Tasting activity to ensure full tasting programme is carried out for the respective Cluster.
• To be responsible for weekly update and approval of demand plans into APS
• Monitor and stock performance against agreed norms
• Deliver high accuracy (+/- 1%) against blend forecasts for month Zero
• Own and ensure all static data for Tea specific SAP and APS systems is updated on time and in full.
• Tea Taster & Blending - at least 3-5 years' experience with below requirements
• Is able to assess and evaluate in detail tea samples at differing brew strengths eg consumer strength, technical strength
• Is able to apply and adapt best practice eg Tealingo rules.
• Is engaged in the ongoing development of GTP/Tealingo
• Classifies tea samples into Tealingo items as a matter of course
• Scores above the minimum pass mark in an unguided taste test on average over a 1-year period
• Tea Blending Skills with below requirements
• Evaluates the new blend per Good Tasting Practice to pass/fail vs a blend specification or standard
• Evaluates blends on both physical, visual and sensory parameters
• Understands and exploits the interaction between different tea types to achieve a blend end result
• Understands and exploits the interaction between base blend and additives such as aroma/flavour (choice, dosage etc)
• Can construct a blend in a live system in accordance with a prescribed recipe and/or specification
• Can make the necessary changes to a blend if it has not passed the evaluation to ensure it meets the specification
• Proficient in using the APS planning tool & SAP
• Proficient in finance KPI's governing Procurement deliverables
• Strong strategic influencing skills
• Tea Portfolio Procurement teams
• Market Procurement team, geography
• Inbound Logistics
• Category Quality Manager
• R&D Programme Managers
• Global Tea Standards Manager
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.