This position is closed or expired.
See other Procurement Assistant jobs in UAE
POSITION: Procurement Assistant (Temporary - 1 year contract)
DIVISION: Supply Chain
LOCATION: NME HO, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
REPORTS TO: Local Sourcing Manager
Main Purpose of Job
The function of Strategic Sourcing at Nestlé requires administrative support on a day to day basis in order to best operate and meet its performance objectives. Tasks currently undertaken by strategic personnel would be best performed by an experienced, well organized and structured individual who can provide the important organizational support required.
The candidate will be supporting Strategic Buyers and Sourcing Managers who are currently procuring raw materials, packaging, marketing and technical items. The key responsibilities are including but not limited to:
• Co-ordinate Responsible Sourcing Audits
• Update/create SAP contracts
• Consolidate monthly KPI update; keep track of KPI progress and highlight gaps
• Co-ordinate legal agreements between suppliers and legal department
• Collect data & documents to fill Competitive Bidding Summary and upload it to SAP Contracts accordingly
• Upload savings report on i-Nexus system on monthly basis and run summary savings report
• Prepare SAP spend reports
• Meeting minutes; preparation of Supplier Meeting Reports
• Project implementation & follow-up (samples etc.)
• Manage Vendor Creation Process and conduct Supplier Market Research
• Update Preferred Supplier Listing
• Arrange meetings with suppliers, flights, trips, Submit Travel & Expense statement
• Artwork coordination
• Download Working Capital report on a weekly basis
• Compile and prepare E-Auction data and templates
• Associates degree in Supply Chain, Purchasing, or related field of study is desired, a minimum of an Associate degree is required or a minimum of 1 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Fluency in English
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills
• Organized, well-structured and analytical working methods
About the Company
Nestlé with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestlé and is today the world’s biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company’s strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestlé’s existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company’s priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.