Job description / Role
Our client, a well known entity based in Abu Dhabi, is currently looking for a Procurement Contract Specialist who will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The incumbent performs strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, searches for better deals and finds more profitable suppliers.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Develop / Update procurement policies in accordance with the Group General Corporate Policies.
• Govern the procurement policies and manage implementations.
• Develop a yearly procurement plan in accordance with the requirements of other departments and allocated budgets.
• Support in the development of a strategic approach to sourcing products services & suppliers including the establishment of quality standards, vendors’ prices, alternative suppliers’ options and long-term saving on procurement costs
• Maintain and regularly update the vendors list.
• Perform pre-qualifications for all vendors
• Develop and maintain standard forms for all types of procurement activities including RFP’s, RFQ’s, PO’s, Blanket agreements, etc
• Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers and manufacturers; sourcing new suppliers and negotiating terms of contract including price, quality, availability etc.
• Support the contracts manager in developing tender documents.
• Perform the duties of the Committee secretary for all procurement related committees.
• Manage tenders and negotiation process with vendors.
• Adhere to the timelines provided by the end users.
• Regular reporting of procurement function activities and achievements.
• Strict adherence to the requested product quality and grade.
• Ensure understanding of the product to be procured and all related information availability before action.
• Manage logistic activities as required from time to time.
• Provide regular updates to the end users on their requests.
• Support the estimation team in costing client’s tenders and RFP’s.
• Coordinate all audit requirements and reporting related to Procurement activities as required by Audit and Quality teams.
• Regular monitoring and logs update of procurement expenditure versus budget.
• Vendor performance regular reviews.
• Track functional metrics and KPIs through quarterly and annual reports presented to management
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration/ Supply Management/ Engineering
• CPIM, CPM, Lean or Six Sigma certification
• Minimum 5 Year of relevant experience in the UAE
• Inventory and Supply Chain Management experience
• Experience in sourcing construction systems, material, maintenance spare parts and tools.
• Understands and experience in UAE ministry of finance and Audit Authority governance systems.
• ERP Systems implementation
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Purchase Buyer
Kurita Middle East
RTC-1 Employment Services
Administration & Procurement Officer
|Abu Dhabi||5 May|
Procurement/Purchasing Officer - Food Manufacturing