Job description / Role
We are looking for Procurement Engineers oversee the purchasing of technical goods and services for an industrial operation. He should have very detailed knowledge of the equipment, materials and supplies used in the industry, and are able to identify, evaluate suppliers and negotiate purchase agreements and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.), as well as maintain the inventory of supplies. For this role, you should have good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure you’re identifying the most profitable offers. Plus, the role requires outsourcing of good subcontractors and rented labours, in where you need to follow up with them on daily basis until the job is completed.
Ultimately, you’ll create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers and subcontractors to ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time.
• Research potential vendors.
• Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers.
• Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
• Coordinating with operational procurement and production planning team
• Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
• Review quality of purchased products.
• Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases.
• Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices.
• Managing supplier performance in terms of quality, cost, delivery, and responsiveness.
• Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses.
• Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed.
• Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage.
• Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up to date with industry trends
• Buying / Purchase / Procurement / Vendor Management
• Bachelor’s in engineering (Civil/Mechanical/ Architectural/other)
• Experience in an engineering, procurement and operations
• Experience in dealing with suppliers & sub-contractors
• Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
• Detail-oriented and driven
• Understanding of supply chain procedures.
• Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with personal computers and networking, specifically Microsoft Excel
• Ability to analyse bills of material and drawings to understand key requirements.
• Knowledge and direct experience in negotiating contracts and quotations with Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers
• Ability to identify cost reduction opportunities
About the Company
STYRO is a leading integrated producer of Expanded polystyrene (EPS) offering solutions and services to customers in a variety of markets throughout the UAE and emerging markets.
STYRO Ltd. (STYRO Insulation Material Industries LLC) was established in the Millennium year 2000. For more than 15 years now, Styro has supported the market in different fields and services mainly Insulation, Construction, Decoration and Packaging. The manufactured product at our factory is Styro Expanded polystyrene foam, where others call it with different names like Styrofoam in USA, Thermocol in India and Pakistan, STYROPOR in Germany and some parts of Europe. As a factory based in UAE, we are also suppliers and dealers of other products like, Extruded polystyrene (XPS), Polyurethane / Polyisocynurate, Rockwool, Glass Wool and Geo-textile. Through the years, STYRO Ltd. became more than a Manufacturer of Expanded Polystyrene, but as a one stop full solution house servicing most sectors in GCC starting from UAE Cities like Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah and the northern Emirates reaching the neighboring cities like Muscat- Oman and Doha-Qatar, nevertheless our boundaries are unlimited in the Middle East.
A Leading Offshore Contractor in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||7 Aug|
|Abu Dhabi||24 Jul|
Procurement & Contracts Manager
Arena Events Limited
Procurement Specialist (4 Month Maternity Cover)
Arab Media Group (AMG)