Job description / Role
• Procurement Engineer has to ensure the cost efficient and timely procurement of materials required for the projects.
• Coordinates with the Project Manager for completing the Procurement Schedule.
• Coordinates with the Procurement senior to complete and update the Procurement Plan and ensures it is regularly updated.
• Coordinates and consolidates requests for permanent materials among multiple projects to negotiate the most advantageous terms.
• Prepares Purchase Orders / Sub-contract Agreement as per approved submittal and material service request sent by the site
• Completes the Purchase Order’s attachment, comparison sheet, and material files for Procurement senior's review.
• Manages the efficient flow of purchase requests to the buyers for action.
• Accountable for the prequalification of suppliers and subcontractors.
• Evaluates whether suppliers are capable of consistently delivering products and services in a timely manner and within required quality standards.
• Searches for, identifies, and establishes contacts with new suppliers and subcontractors.
• Manages the periodic reevaluation of suppliers and subcontractors.
• Updates suppliers’ and subcontractors’ database.
• Maintains quality and price records for all purchased items.
• Communications and Working Relationships:
• Coordinates with the Engineering/Design Unit when design details are involved.
• Reviews the completed Procurement Schedule with the Procurement Senior.
• Discusses the material files with the Procurement Senior as required.
• Coordinates with the Estimation Unit in sending RFQ’s, obtaining quotations, preparing comparison sheets, and preparing material files.
• Interfaces with the QA/QC department with respect to their “audit” of suppliers.
• Interfaces with all parts of the organization to ask for assistance when assessing suppliers and subcontractors.
• Works with Procurement Senior on selecting suppliers for prequalification.
• Coordinates with Warehouse Officer when material is returned to supplier.
• Coordinates with Finance for the proper management of accounts receivables and payables.
• Coordinates with Finance to ensure the company receives appropriate credit facilities.
• Communicates with potential suppliers.
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering field
• Good interpersonal, organizational, communication, and negotiation skills
• Minimum 3 -5 years’ experience in procurement in a construction/contracting firm
• Minimum 2 years experience in the GCC is a plus
• Strong computer skills
• Fluent in English (oral and written)– Arabic language fluency preferred
About the Company
Raban Al-Safina Group of Companies stands as one of the most prominent industrial organizations in Iraq work in different fields in power industry, oil & gas, systems technology, and many others.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Procurement Bid Lead