Job description / Role
The position is responsible for overseeing the purchase of technical equipment for technical delivery.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with sales, support, and client representatives to determine the systems needed to complete projects according to specifications, research vendors for that equipment, then order it.
- Negotiates purchase agreements with vendors and award contracts to vendors for equipment.
- Monitors any adjustments to equipment needs to maintain the optimum supply of equipment based on availability and price to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Analyzes technical data and specifications to determine the equipment needed for projects.
- Evaluates equipment suppliers and negotiate purchasing agreements for equipment.
- Devises, implements, and oversees procurement strategies to meet cost savings targets.
- Administers supplier and vendor contracts.
- Ensures that purchases comply with technical, commercial, legal and contractual obligations.
- Manages inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Ensures responsible procurement practices meet company objectives and compliance requirements.
- Communicates with stakeholders regarding the nature and function of purchased equipment.
- Creates quotations for customers that detail pricing, delivery schedules, and other pertinent information about products or services.
- Stays current with purchasing technology trends and oversees purchase and implementation, as necessary.
- Tasks that may be required from time to time.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Extensive knowledge on procurement and IT products and services
- Able to analyze technical documents and specifications to understand critical requirements
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and organizational abilities.
- Proactive and values teamwork and continuous learning
- Flexible and resilient, able to adjust operational exigencies
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Business Administration or any related courses
- Proven experience in procurement
- Valid UAE Driver’s License
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in IT Industry
About the Company
Unified Microsystems is a privately-owned IT Solutions Provider with offices in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Manila, Philippines. It provides IT solutions for clients in the Middle East, Europe and South East Asia.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Supply Chain Lead
Value Tech Consulting
Senior Procurement Officer