Job description / Role
- Prepares draft contracts ensuring compliance to department requirements, and university and government regulations, policies and procedures
- Ensures that contracts prepared meet the objectives of the requesting department
- Reviews/audits purchasing contracts and related documents, bids, vendor terms, and contracts
- Provides clarification of contract terms when questions arise
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Finance Department: For payments to maintenance vendors
- Other Departments: Co-ordination for maintenance contracts
- Contractors & Sub contractors: Contract management
- Customs: Coordination for cargo contracts.
- All categories of Vendors.
Knowledge and Technical Skills Required:
- Vendor Management
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Baccalaureate Degree/Higher Diploma in related fields
- Baccalaureate Degree
- 0-3 years relevant experience
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.