Job description / Role
On behalf of our client, a multinational company in the Shipping industry, we are looking for a Procurement Manager.
Overall, you will be required to:
• Effectively seeks out most qualified vendors and supports in the selection of the most cost effective distribution of vendors to benefit both customer service levels and companies bottom line.
• Develop procurement process and tools for the selection of indirect vendors.
• Observe TCO / TVO ( Total cost of ownership / Total value of Ownership)
• Overall responsibility for the indirect Procurement Category
• Develop overall category strategy for contracted and non-contracted business
• Responsible for preparation of annual procurement plan for indirect procurement
• Develop negotiation plans, strategies and execute sourcing projects across indirect procurement requirements
• Act as a point of escalation relating to dispute and issue resolution
• Provide financial and commercial analysis and reporting requirements against the projects as required
• Manage day-to-day contractual and non-contractual business and risks
• Management of PO's and contracts repository
• Issue, update and track PO's in timely manner
• Coordinate with Account Payable and stakeholder for invoices and payment
• Managing e-Procurement and implementing digital solutions to modernize the procurement function
• Develop and execute defined Supplier Relationship and Performance Management strategies for Indirect procurement
• Maintain files and records of contracts and PO's to ensure Audit trail is intact
• Negotiate and actively manage all contract deliverables in conjunction with the objectives of key
• Communicate and present information to stakeholders about all contract related matters
• Communicate contract implementations and terms to relevant stakeholders
• Maintain database/trackers for the company's contract management system
• Coordinate with the finance department to ensure correct billing and collection of contractual rebates
• Identifies potential improvements to existing policies
• Prepare reports on the status of the contracts for management
• Oversee and monitor contractual compliance by both parties (the company and suppliers)
• Oversee and monitor cost development versus contract spend expectation
• Manage and review contract performance regularly and ensure targets are on track
• Facilitate root cause analysis for non-performing contracts
• Drive savings through sourcing initiatives, optimizing operational behaviors and opportunity assessment
• Drive continuous improvement
• Create overall awareness about contracts and ensure internal stakeholders understand relevant contractual terms and conditions
• Ensure relevant systems are timely and completely maintained
• Knowledge of the shipping industry
• Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in operations, procurement or related supply chain management positions
• University qualification in Supply Chain/Procurement/Business Administration or equivalent preferred
• Change management
• Effective [cross-functional] communication
• Project management
• Stakeholder management
• Analytical abilities
• Previous High Impact Experience: Across Procurement function, Outside country or residence, In local and regional functions, Across business units, In different parts of the value chain, In teams with people from other disciplines and cultures
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills including fluent in English
About the Company
With a genuine understanding of what our Clients and Candidates need to succeed, Green Gulf Careers believe that honest and open relationships at every level are paramount to both our success and yours. We have a hugely diverse talent pool and we take the utmost care in matching them to our equally diverse Client base in order to achieve success at every level.
Whilst partnering with organisations across the Gulf, whether it be a SME or a leading Multinational, our team has extensive industry experience and a strong understanding of both the economic trends and cultural business diversities in this region.
When engaging with us, you will deal with a dedicated Consultant who has a strong knowledge of your industry and sector and who will take time to get to know you and your Individual or Company needs. We pride ourselves on our discreet, transparent and service focused approach and to that end, we will form a relationship based on a mutual respect which really assists us understand your requirements. Our experience in industry adds particular value to the recruitment process and whilst we recruit at all levels and disciplines, we offer the same exceptional service levels should you be recruiting a junior member of staff or at Company Director level.