Job description / Role
• Proposes, negotiates, and ensures the appropriate Procurement service levels to the business units within the country, including cost/benefits objectives.
• Is responsible for controlling the region’s inventories and suppliers' payment terms under Procurement scope.
• Leads initiatives pursuing optimization of the total cost of ownership, establishing plans, directions and controls.
• Validates country negotiations targets and consolidates the country’s negotiations to ensure the best costs/benefits for the Company.
• Creatively explore different alternative approaches in negotiation agreements to achieve greatest cost reductions for CEMEX.
• Co-responsible with the Global Sourcing to implement global negotiations within the country and evaluate local impact of company's purchasing policies.
• Ensures the application of the Procurement Strategic Sourcing methodology.
• Develop top country Procurement relationship with suppliers.
• Assure implementation of Procurement policies, programs and procedures and provide guide and advice to Business Unit Directors.
• Have clear understanding of functional areas challenges and opportunities regarding Procurement matters to provide guide and advice in decision making processes.
• Understanding the main different business activities & process (Cement, Aggregates, Ready Mix).
• 4-5 years of experience in an Operations or Sourcing/Supply Chain role with Negotiation skills
• Deep knowledge of products and materials and their application.
• Deep knowledge of supply market trends and supply chain management concepts.
• Understands and applies principles of cost accounting.
• Knowledge of the operations production process.
• Understands the company’s business strategy.
• Knowledgeable of product quality requirements and is able to identify potential problems.
• Workable knowledge of inventory control and management.
• Mature leadership skills - manages and develops others well.
About the Company
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities in more than 50 countries. Celebrating its 110th anniversary, CEMEX has a rich history of improving the well-being of those it serves through innovative building solutions, efficiency advancements, and efforts to promote a sustainable future.
In the United Arab Emirates, we are a leading supplier of ready-mix concrete, slag (GGBFS), and cement with more than 10 years of experience and relationship in supporting the expansion and growth of the UAE and the region.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Procurement Manager / Category Manager
A Leading Manufacturing Company In The UAE
Procurement / Purchasing Manager
Subgate Interior & Design
Procurement Manager - Head Office
Bin Eid Executive Search and Selection
Manager - Supply Chain (Procurement)
NSI & Bluefin Talent