Job description / Role
• To plan and implement a continued Alpha wide Procurement strategy through delivery against agreed objectives and the implementation of best practice procurement techniques.
• To supervise and support a team of procurement professionals to ensure best possible Customer Relationship Management and Supplier Relationship Management practices are put into place during the procurement process.
• Further, responsibility exists for the sourcing, evaluation and negotiation for multiple groups of complex and high-value commodities and services to achieve value for money at the lowest total cost of ownership and best competitive position for the company in accordance with best practice Procurement techniques.
• Provide support to Alpha business units by identifying effective procurement strategies and implementing to deliver the lowest total cost of ownership or acquisition of capital, goods or service items.
• Develop and implement Group-wide Procurement policies and procedures across the Alpha business units to establish a consistent approach to purchasing.
• Manage and provide guidance to a team of subject matter experts to provide a full-service procurement function within agreed service levels to End-user Departments.
• Identify user interfaces and develop Service Level Agreements and establish policies, processes and systems to achieve agreed performance targets.
• Ensure that the sourcing, pre-qualification and evaluation of suppliers is carried out as per company standards/policies to assess what services and products they are qualified to provide thereby ensuring that the correct products and services are available
• Ensure that the tender documents are developed and lead cross-functional teams to produce detailed specifications (where appropriate, in conjunction with Legal and other departments) and to subsequently issue for tender to obtain equal and competitive quotations.
• Lead commercial negotiations for goods and services as required achieving the best value for money.
• Manage and monitor the day to day activities of the Procurement team against agreed objectives.
• Establish training courses and development programs for staff to ensure that are aware of current trends in Purchasing.
• Analyse and prepare reports & recommendations to review & approve purchase orders from Alpha End-user departments.
• Provide expert advice to End-user departments during product design phase in order to optimise value for money to the company.
• Negotiate contract prices and terms and conditions where business impact/value/risk is deemed high, to ensure that the Company’s' best contractual and commercial position is attained. Ensure that supply and commercial risk is minimised
• Liaise & communicate closely with End-user Departments at all times to ensure that the End-user Department is fully involved in the procurement process.
The successful development of these relationships to ensure efficient and effective supplier selection.
• Proactively search for and identify opportunities for cost reduction wherever possible. Benchmark the performance of their sections against available statistics/indicators and identify areas for improvement.
• This will include knowledge of technical advances, market developments and other relevant changes in the supply market.
• Critically evaluate reports generated by reporting staff to assess the performance of their respective sections and take corrective action where required.
• Carry out basic feasibility studies to ensure optimal utilisation of resources both internally and externally from suppliers.
• Generate/review with the buyers, activity and performance reports in order to ensure that the department is functioning efficiently according to Alpha vision, mission and business goals.
• To coach, motivate and supervise a team of professionals to secure optimum terms and conditions for Alpha procurement.
• Using Procurement process and best practices, the incumbent will work with and meet user department material requirement and manage a broad and diversified supply base, monitoring supplier performance according to criteria established with the business and ensure the process is followed by his team.
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Procurement Officer for Marine Services Company
Head of Procurement
Middle East Executive
Procurement Manager - Associate Director
Compass Project Consulting