Job description / Role
• Knowledge of global suppliers for a wide range of chemical raw materials, products and services and leverage it to accelerate the growth in our top line and bottom line.
• Understand and respond promptly to the trends in global demand & supply factors, price movements and products availability in the chemical industry.
• Develop, implement and communicate long term supply chain strategies globally in tune with overall long-term plans of the group for specific materials, products and services.
• Establish annual goals and objectives for the Procurement team in coordination with Corporate objectives and manage performance to ensure attainment of the department budgets.
• Develop and maintain periodic forecasts (volume and price) for suppliers and also for internal communication and direct the activities of all functions involved in purchasing, planning and control of materials.
• Establish and implement globally accepted standard processes for the Supply Chain team to optimize the value of the entire Procurement department and supervise Logistics. Creating a world class material management for the group thereby maximizing customer satisfaction at lowest possible cost.
• Well-versed in operating ERP systems and adequate experience in providing solutions to enhance its application and usage.
• Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards relating to Procurement from around the world.
• Proper communication with vendors on pricing, availability, delivery terms, payment terms and so on, as required for either local inventory or direct deliveries to the clients, including skillful negotiation with vendors to land profitable deals.
• Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with the head of the other departments.
• Participates as an advisory member of the product development team, providing information and guidance on availability of suppliers and cost of materials.
• Capability of initiating, concluding and managing suppliers’ contracts effectively.
• Provide best possible solutions to the Logistics related issues facing the group from time to time.
• Maximize productivity of both Procurement and Logistic teams through participative leadership, establishment of suitable KPIs, periodic performance measurement, annual appraisals and provision of need-based training.
• Very good knowledge and right contacts in global chemical industry with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in procurement or sales of chemical raw materials at managerial level.
• Proven track record of handling business with at least two multinational chemical suppliers or at least 5 years of work experience in a multinational organization.
• Experience of importing chemical raw materials worth at least USD 20 million per annum from at least 5 different countries.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English including preparation of quality reports and presentation to the level normally expected for this senior position.
• Chemical Engineering Degree unless otherwise bearing long years of quality experience in procurement of chemical raw materials.
• Preferably with proven experience in procurement or sales of chemical products within the Lubricant, Rubber, Plastics, Resin & Coatings or similar type of industries.
About the Company
Built over a rich legacy of over 50 years in the Chemical Industry, Kemipex is a leading developer and supplier of technologically-advanced and economically-improved chemical products and solutions. Based in the Middle East, we are involved in business operations across the globe. Apart from being key players in several chemical sectors like food, pharma, coatings and advanced construction raw materials, we are primarily a leading market figure in the Lubricant industry. Complying with various industrial specifications, our potent resources and strong technological database help us maximize the reliability, efficiency and lifespan of our customers finished products.
Emiral Resources Limited
Procurement Manager - Associate Director
Compass Project Consulting
ARCCO (Al Raeel National General Contracting Co.)
Procurement Specialist / Buyer
A Leading Oil & Gas Company In UAE