Job description / Role
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for sourcing of goods and services for AUS in line with established procurement policies and procedures while maintaining high standards of ethics, integrity and customer service.
- Analyzing procurement requirements and selecting the most appropriate sourcing methods based on established AUS policies and procedures.
- Validate the completeness of purchase requisitions; item description(s), technical specification(s), quantity required, delivery schedule to ensure purchase requisitions conforms to current policies and procedures.
- Planning, organizing and leading the bid solicitation process, including drafting and issuing RFQs, RFPs, developing bid evaluation criteria and guiding customers on processes involved.
- Conduct market research to identify sources of goods and services for requisitions.
- Evaluating and analyzing proposals, ensuring the integrity of the competitive bidding process, facilitating bidder debriefings, negotiating pricing and non-pricing elements and exercising appropriate judgment to obtain best value for money for AUS while ensuring to protect confidential information.
- Drafting purchase orders (POs), capturing salient technical requirements and critical commercial terms and incorporating the standard terms and conditions of Procurement and Contracts Department.
- Analyzing, negotiating and preparing contractual agreements in coordination with Contracts and Compliance Officer and ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are included to protect the interest of AUS.
- Updating and monitoring all AUS procurement reporting tools in a timely manner.
- Identifying areas of spend and initiating category management process.
- Conducting meetings with internal stakeholders and constantly updating them with the status of their purchase requisitions and working towards enhancing customer service.
- Following up and interacting with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of supplies/projects awarded.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in sourcing of supplies and capital equipment
- Ability to work under pressure, demonstrate qualities of excellent team player with multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills.
- High proficiency in all MS office tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
- CIPS, ISM Certifications or degree in materials management
- Experience in an international company and/or higher education
- Knowledge in CIPS procurement best practices
About the Company
American University of Sharjah (AUS) was founded in 1997 by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah. The university was envisaged by His Highness as a leading educational institution in the Gulf region. Located in University City, Sharjah, AUS is a not-for-profit, independent, institution of higher education formed on the American model.
It offers 26 majors and 45 minors at the undergraduate level, and 14 master's degrees through the College of Architecture, Art and Design; the College of Arts and Sciences; the College of Engineering; and the School of Business Administration. These programs are designed to meet the challenges of a competitive and dynamic business and industrial environment.
As a provider of quality higher education in the Gulf, AUS is licensed and its programs are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation of the Ministry of Education's Higher Education Affairs Division in the United Arab Emirates. AUS is accredited in the United States of America by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Ignite Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||6 Mar|